The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- And the Fandom Rejoiced: Regarding the KFS shorts, the presence of more Thimble Theatre characters may offset the poor animation and timing.
- Foe Yay: The infamous Minute Maid television ad. Poor Olive.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Near the end of "Aladdin and His Wonderful Lamp", the Big Bad gets turned into a fish by the lamp and shouts, "Help! I'm a Fish!"
- Seasonal Rot: By the mid-1940s, the Famous Studios Popeye shorts became increasingly formulaic and stale, and the timing and animation took a hit in quality.
- Ugly Cute: Popeye as an infant, of which we get a glimpse in Goonland.
- Values Dissonance: The short "I Yam What I Yam" portrays Native Americans in a very racist light. Popeye and Bluto are also frequently quite sexist in their treatment of Olive Oyl, who usually doesn't seem to mind.
- Willfully Weak: One theory suggests that Popeye doesn't even need spinach to use his full power, and only acts like he needs it to mess with people.
- Cult Classic - After being forgotten for a time, partly for the entertainment value. It was quite popular on release, though.
- Ear Worm: "I Am What I Yam", anyone? Hint: It's basically Popeye meets Rap. Yeah.
- A lot of the songs are like this. "Everything is food, food, food..."
- More Popular Spinoff - The Sweethaven set used in the film later became a popular Maltese tourist attraction called Popeye Village, which is still in business today.
- Narm Charm - Popeye's singing and dancing probably couldn't be pulled off by anyone but Robin Williams without inducing frightening amounts of Narm.
- Special Effects Failure - The octopus.
- Uncanny Valley: Needless to say, Popeye's tumor arms do NOT transition well into live action.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.