The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Polly Pocket is the central character in a line of pocket-sized dolls sold by Mattel. The toys were later adapted to a series of direct-to-video animated movies.
This toy provides examples of:
- Adaptation Decay: In the cutant era, Polly and her friends went to the movies to watch a film adaptation of a book all of them liked. Contrary to their expectations, they hated the movie.
- Alliterative Name: Not only Polly Pocket herself but also her quasi-identical cousin Pia Pocket. Pocket Plaza also counts if this is not restrained to people's names.
- Alpha Bitch: Beth.
- Artifact Title: The whole playset fit into your pocket once. Now only the dolls do.
- The Cheerleader: Beth
- Girl Posse: Eve and Tori.
- Missing Mom: Polly's mother. It played special relevance in Pollyworld, where Polly's father, John Pocket, would get married to a woman named Lorelei. There was also a story where Polly and her friends go at an adventure based on clues left behind by Polly's mother.
- Off to Boarding School: Polly's would-be stepmother tried to do this to Polly.
- The One Guy: Rick. He's the only boy among the several friends who hang around with Polly.
- Pink Means Feminine / Pink Product Ploy
- Sdrawkcab Name: Karl and Lark, the exchange students from "Pollyworld" are this to each other.
- Spoiled Sweet: Polly. Her father allows her to travel to a private island with her friends in the opposite hemisphere just so they could film an eclipse for a school project. He even named a park Pollyworld after her. It's a surprise Polly doesn't fit the Alpha Bitch stereotype better than her rival, Beth, does. Or at least a Lovable Alpha Bitch.
- Toyless Toyline Character: Beth
- Wicked Stepmother: Averted in Pollyworld. John Pocket would remarry, but called the engagement off once he found out Lorelei had no intention of being a mother figure to Polly.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.