|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Pokémon Pinball, released for the Game Boy Color in 1999, is a Pokémon spinoff in the form of a pinball game. Players play on either a Red or Blue-themed table (modeled after Pokémon Red and Blue) to earn points and catch Pokémon. Every time a new species is caught through Catch 'em All mode, or evolved in Evolution mode, it is added to the in-game Pokédex.
Tropes used in Pokémon Pinball:
- Anti Frustration Feature: The Ball Saver, which is activated at the beginning of a new ball and for the first 60 seconds of Catch 'em All mode and Evolution mode.
- Battle Theme Music: The music for Catch 'em All mode, Evolution mode, and Map Change are decidedly more upbeat and hurried.
- Everything's Better with Spinning: Spinners appear in both the Red and Blue tables, and getting enough spins allows the Pikachu to save your ball.
- Mini Game: The bonus rounds.
- Pinball Scoring
- Pinball Spinoff
- Timed Mission: Catch 'em All and Evolution modes have two-minute timers, bonus rounds have one minute, and Map Change has 30 seconds.