|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
% These are recommendations made by Tropers for Pokémon authors and websites, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here.
You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page though; that goes in the discussion page.
Damned Lolita, full stop.
- Recommended by Ghingahn
- Recommended by User:Griffin
- Comments: Some of her fics have made it onto the general recommendations, but I would like to say her work as a whole is good, if extremely dark. Seriously. If you don't like "training is slavery" stories, you probably won't like her work. Still, some of them can bring on extremely tearjerking moments.
- PS: Please don't miss the point of her stories, like some reviewers have done, and assume her character's philosophies are equal to hers, since they are not.
- Seconded by User:Neo Qwerty
- Thirded by User:Fool
- Recommended by User:Dialga X
- Comments: He has written the ~Poké Wars Series~. While he does have some slight grammatical issues in his earlier stories he more than makes up for them with rich character development and absolutely dazzling action sequences. His grammar improves quite a lot in the later stories too.
- Recommended by discorobots
- Comments: While generally her fics can be summed as "people talk and nothing happens," the beauty lies in how she punctuates characterization. All of her works consists of dialogue and small titbits that builds up wonderful character study fics. Her strongest character seems to be Green and does a wonderful job of writing him in multitudes of situations that leads people to understand more of his persona.
- You might want to check out Kuruk and Chrysa as well if you're into those types of fic.
- Recommended by Coffee Included, Life of Pi, Rawkstar Vienna
- Comments: Most of these are drabbles and the like, but she has truly excellent characterization; in fact, that tends to be her focus. She's done stuff with each of the generations, with an emphasis on semi-novelizations (is that the correct term)? of Soul Silver and Black. Funny, serious, and occasionally touching, her works are generally relatively short one-shots that are easy to read but never skimp on the quality. Definitely worth a look.
- Life of Pi: Her work is simply beautiful. I personally recommend her Concordia story, which tells the story of Black/White from Concordia's point of view. It's just amazing.
- Rawkstar Vienna: I've been following Scrawlers on her dA account for quite a while now, and I must admit it: her work is absolutely brilliant. She's fantastic with characterization and prose; anything she churns out turns out to be quite a masterpiece. I recommend her story, Concordia, as well as Procrastination for a good laugh, and Mother's Day for something a bit more heartwarming.
- Recommended by Mattman324
- Comments: She's a great fanfiction writer, with most of her fanfictions taking ideas that no one else thinks of and expanding on them. She very rarely starts a fanfic that turns out either bad (Mundane Story being the only example) or abandoned (Trial by Water... for other reasons). Most of her bigger ones (Mage Ruby, The Ballad of Deoxys and Mewtwo, PMD Loopholes) live on the plot mixed with some comedy, but her more serious work (Six Spirit, Mage Ruby (again), her one shots) are also good reads.