|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Basic trope: Something bad happens to a character the Player got attached to.
- Straight: Emperor Evulz kills Alex's little sister, Alexis, whom the player was getting feelings for.
- Exaggerated: Emperor Evulz tricks The Player into killing Alexis.
- Emperor Evulz brainwashed Alexis so she didn't realize she was fighting Alex until after the Boss Battle...and now she's bleeding very badly...
- Downplayed: Emperor Evulz captures Alexis and tortures her in front of the player before taking her to his castle.
- Justified: The game makers want The Player to *want* to kill Evulz. It's worked.
- Inverted: ???
- Subverted: Emperor Evulz's energy blast hurt Alexis, but she's still alive.
- Double Subverted: But only for a few seconds, at which point Bob finishes her off without even hesitating.
- Parodied: ???
- Deconstructed: The death of Alexis makes The Player stop playing the game.
- Reconstructed: The Player is revitalized by anger to play the game and, hopefully, rip Emperor Evulz in half.
- Averted: Bob stops Evulz's from firing his energy blast, telling him "Don't. Kill her, and he'll massacre you."
- Enforced: "We need to get the player emotionally involved. Let's have Emperor Evulz kill Alexis!"
- Lampshaded: "You killed my little sister. I will fucking rip your head off!"-said by The Player.
- Invoked: After killing Alexis, Evulz mocks The Player for being unable to dive into the screen and kill him themself, taunting them.
- Defied: ???
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.