The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Basic Trope: A male and female couple have all the traits of an official couple, but aren't one.
- Straight: Alice and Bob spend almost all of their time together. Despite this, they aren't a couple.
- Exaggerated: Alice and Bob kiss, hug and hold hands all the time. Despite this, they're not a couple.
- Justified: They're Like Brother and Sister, and being a couple would be too weird for them.
- They tried a relationship in the past, but it didn't work and they're better as friends.
- Inverted: Friends with Benefits.
- Subverted: The fans are told Alice and Bob are not a couple, yet the two are caught cuddling in bed.
- Double Subverted: They were just cuddling; it didn't progress to sex.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Deconstructed: ???
- Reconstructed: ???
- Averted: ???
- Enforced: ???
- Lampshaded: "You really expect me to believe that you two aren't a couple?" "Whether you believe it or not, that's the case."
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: ???
- Parodied: ???
- Defied: ???
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
- Played for Laughs: ???
- Played for Drama: ???
Back to Platonic Life Partners.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.