|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
Plastic Little is a Seinen Anime created by Satoshi Urushihara and Kinji Yoshimoto at studio KSS. It was published in Japan as a one-shot OVA on the 21st of March, 1994. It was first released in North America on VHS by ADV Films; in 2001 ADV announced that the Anime would be released on to DVD on February 5, 2002.
Later adapted into a single volume Manga released in May 2004, published by Gakken and featured in Comic Nora. The manga continues on the plot of the original OVA.
The story involves Tita Mu Koshigaya, a young woman who captains the ship Cha-Cha Maru, and who collects exotic animals for sale to zoos for profit. The captain becomes involved in a war of international importance when her Love Interest and shipmate Elysse is tracked down by a militant force intent on discovering a secret that may serve the deciding factor to the world's future. Both incarnations of the story include an action/adventure plot stimulated with heavy character interaction and much Fan Service as common for a Satoshi Urushihara work.
Contains Examples Of:
- All There in the Manual: Promotional materials explain that the story is set on a Floating Continent in the atmosphere of a gas giant. There are hardly any metals available to the colonists, so everything's made out of plastic synthesized from hydrocarbons in the clouds, hence the title.
- Fan Nickname: "Plastic Nipple".
- Fan Service: So, so very much.
- Gainax Bounce: The quintessential example of this trope. The Gainaxing is so overdone that the DVD includes an on-screen "jiggle counter" as a special feature.
- Nosebleed: Nichol gets a big one while spying on Tita and Elysse in the bath.
- Painted-On Pants: Actually, a painted-on jumpsuit that is improbably bulletproof.
- Pettanko: Tita
- Skinship Grope: Tita, when she discovers that the girl she's rescued is not only younger than her, but several cup sizes larger.