|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
"Fat Pizza pizzas, they're big and they're cheesy."
A cult Australian comedy series created by Paul Fenech, Pizza is about the local Fat Pizza shop, staffed by a Ragtag Bunch of Misfits like you've never seen. The gang, Pauly, Sleek (Put on a Bus after The Movie), Bobo, Habib and others, get into crazy antics involving drugs, police, bikers and even the supernatural.
While rather lowbrow and very, very Australian, which can cause a lot of values dissonance with international audiences, Pizza is a satire of lower-class/working-class Australians, and is definitely worth a look. Here is the first episode, and a good spot from there to find different episodes.
- Acceptable Targets: The Tax Office. Bobo blows it up. No one cares.
- The Alcoholic: Kev the Kiwi. He often bludges off work to go have a drink.
- Ax Crazy: Bobo. Easily.
- Bad Boss: Bobo, to a near unbelivable (and criminal) degree.
- Black Comedy: WHERE TO BEGIN!?
- Burger Fool: The main cast work a tedious job for a terrible boss who pays AUS$3 an hour (The minimum wage is AUS$15) and often docks them too for things such a toliet paper.. Yet they still get into some of the craziest adventures.
- Butt Monkey: DJBJ in spades. Pauly gets his fair share of this too.
- The Casanova: Rocky the Lebanese Rambo is this, as he's never seen without a woman in arm.
- Casanova Wannabe: Habib, until Season 4 where he gives up, after he hooks up with Toula.
- Chainsaw Good: As Pauly tells Davo Dinkum, when Bobo gets out his chainsaw, RUN.
- Comedic Sociopathy: Oh dear God in heaven; yes.
- Corrupt Cop: Murray the Cop, who tries to make Pauly's life a living hell by detaining his cars for false excuses such as 'lacking an anti-hoon emissionary filter'.
- Dumbass DJ: DJBJ, although to be fair, everyone else treats him like crap.
- Five-Man Band: Paulie, Sleek the Elite, Habib Halal Habib, David 'Davo' Dunkum, and Bobo.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: A trait of some of the characters, to parody the nature of Australians themselves.
- Hot-Blooded: Junior sure has a lot of energy for a pizza chef apprentice from the Pacific Isles.
- Jerkass: A lot of the characters come off as this, due to the Comedic Sociopathy nature of the series. Usually Bobo and Rocky though.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: The nicer characters tend to be this too. For example, Pauly is an affable person, when he's not beating people up or getting into trouble.
- The Movie: A full length, theater released movie was released in 2003 in Australia, at the height of the series' popularity.
- My Beloved Smother: Bobo's mother is rather controlling of him, although she seems to overlook his psychotic tendencies.
- Put on a Bus: Several characters, from Sleek the Elite to Chong Fat. Unless it's just another bizarre occurrence, DJBJ looked to be heading this way in the Season 5 Finale as well.
- Ragtag Bunch of Misfits
- Stay in the Kitchen: Rocky the Lebanese Rambo has this attitude.
- The Stoner: Davo, oh Gods, Davo.