|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Set in the imagined world inside a games console, Pixelface is a CBBC sitcom spin-off from the sketch show Sorry, I've Got No Head. The show follows the on-and-off-screen lives of a group of computer game characters, each from a different genre. There's Aethelwynne, a questing elf; Claireparker, a zombie battling waitress; Rex Dynamo, a marsupial hybrid who collects apples; Sgt. Riley, a space marine; Lady Alexia Alderton, a glamorous legend hunter; and Kiki Nova, an incredibly upbeat and enthusiastic dance star. Pixelface shows the characters waiting to play their game and reacting when their console is invaded by the likes of an evil bug or a Premiership football team.
Pixelface contains examples of:
- Air Vent Passageway: Used by the entire main cast when the zombies from Claireparker's game invade the console.
- Cleavage Window: Alexia's outfit.
- Companion Cube: In "Out of Sight", a glitch in the system renders Claireparker unable to be detected by the rest of the occupants of the console. Starting to crack up, she begins talking to the rubber duck she picked up in the last session of her game.
- Did You Get a New Haircut?: Happens when Kiki has illegally eaten one on the power-up fruits from Rex's game and turned into a giant. Rex sees her and comments that there is something different about her: her hair is glossier. A few seconds later, he realises that she is also six times her normal size.
- The Ditz: Kiki Nova
- DIY Disaster: Romford's attempt to 'upgrade' the kettle somehow results in the toaster launching Projectile Toast at Alexia.
- The Ghost: 'The Boy' who actually owns and plays the games.
- God Guise: In "High Spirits", the angry ghost of a pharaoh mistakes Rex for an Egyptian god after Romford falls out of the ceiling and gets stuck on his head.
- Groundhog Day Loop: In "Reset", Claireparker causes this by using a literal Reset Button in an attempt to create 'the perfect day'.
- Implausible Deniability: When Claireparker asks Rex if he's tearing out pictures of apples from a book and eating them again, Rex answers "No!" through a mouthful of paper.
- Juggling Loaded Guns: Sgt. Riley uses his plasmatronic laser for all kinds of mundane tasks, such as opening a carton of milk.
- Lethal Chef: Aethelwynne.
- Man-Eating Plant: Stanley Badgeworth in "The Problems of Dr Nigiri".
- Mirror Universe: In one episode, Riley exits the game from the wrong port and finds himself in a different console where Alexia is an Extreme Doormat, Aethelwynne is a Jerk Jock, Rex is an Insufferable Genius, Claireparker is The Pig Pen and Kiki is... a large, hairy man.
- My Friends and Zoidberg: Romford gets one in "HAL":
"Tempting, but I'm going to have go with saving my friends. And Aethelwynne."
Oh no! Is this a dream? Am I going to have to sit an exam with no pants on in a moment?
- Projectile Toast: See DIY Disaster above.
- Reading the Stage Directions Out Loud: Claireparker rehearsing for her cut scene.
- Robot Buddy: Romford
- Rushed Inverted Reading: Rex does it in "Mrs Dynamo's Son". He tries to act casual after hiding his mother in the sofa, but is reading his comic upside down.
- Severely Specialized Store: In one episode, the other characters enter Clairparker's game to do some shopping at the mall. Riley and Romford are respectively looking for sausages and a remote control. They find everything they are after at a store called 'Sausages n' Remote Controls'.
- Sleeping Dummy: Rex makes one of his mother in "Mrs Dynamo's Son".
- Spacemarine: Sgt. Riley
- This Is My Side: In "High Spirits", Alexia splits the console in half, with her on one side and everyone else on the other.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Rex really loves apples.
- The Voice: The Console
- Who's on First?: Done when Alexia is solving a crossword:
Alexia: I'm stuck on this last clue. Four letters, starts W A. 'A unit of power'.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Riley is afraid of dogs.
- With Catlike Tread: After Alexia destroys Clairparker's favourite shirt, Kiki loans Claireparker one of her outfits. After Claireparker wears it in her game, she discovers it very hard to hide from zombies when your outfit literally lights up and glows in the dark.