|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Episodes vary in length from one to five minutes, and feature a situation in which the dad reacts to the minutia of life, be it breakfast cereal, the Steelers, Christmas decorations, and even spoiler-laden reviews of the first Twilight movie and The Hunger Games. Episodes are full of local color.
Episodes can be viewed here.
Pittsburgh Dad provides examples of:
- Caustic Critic: Rips the first Twilight movie and The Hunger Games to shreds. Is a little more charitable with The Avengers.
- The Ghost: All other characters are people off-screen the dad reacts to.
- Hypocritical Humor:
Pittsburgh Dad: Hey Simmons, quit that trash-talkin'. I remember when we were in high school, you struck out in kickball. Loser!
- Laugh Track: Added for stylistic reasons.
- The Nameless: Thus far, the main character hasn't been given a name.
- No Budget: The show is shot using an iPhone, and the wardrobe comes from a thrift store.
- Overprotective Dad: Gives his 14-year-old daughter the third degree when he finds out that she's going on a date.
- Perma Stubble
- Serious Business: The Steelers. God help you if you're a Ravens fan.
- Sitcom Arch Nemesis: Ravens fan next-door neighbor Tom.
- Unsympathetic Comedy Protagonist