|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Kirk: Do you know what our problem is?
Flint: Financing sir?
Kirk: No, it's that damn Johnny Depp.
An obscure film but beloved within its cult following, Pirates of the Great Salt Lake is the heart-warming tale of two modern would be pirates... wandering around the Great Salt Lake.
A 2006 Mollywood comedy, we follow two out-of-luck smoes as they
sail row across the Lake, attempting to plunder and ravage modern Utah, only to find that they're not very successful. When they just so happen to find a genuine treasure map, their luck changes ...from bad to worse.
This Film contains examples of:
- All Girls Want Bad Boys The reason Ruby isn't interested in Flint, and why she is interested after he shows up as a pirate.
- Angel Unaware possibly the narrator.
- Audience What Audience: after Kirk dies, he can see the narrator but not the audience the narrator is talking to.
Kirk: I think he's talking to that grove of trees...
- A Pirate 400 Years Too Late
- Breaking the Fourth Wall
- Butt Monkey: Drake, but only after he kills Kirk, so it's well deserved.
- Chekhov's Gun: The hole the narrator digs in the first scene. Also doubles as a Chekhov's Gag
- Coming Out Story The scene where Kirk tells his mother he's a pirate is played out like this one for laughs.
- Does This Remind You of Anything?: Kirk's mother walks in on him rubbing his wooden sword while watching a video of two pirates in swordplay.
- Everything's Better with Princesses: Kirk's Mom has...issues.
- Heterosexual Life Partners
- Ho Yay:
- Identical Stranger: Many of the actors play multiple parts, not just as a money-saving technique but for definite laughs.
- Inspector Javert: Detective Anderson
- Magical Native American: The Narrator. Played for laughs, although the ending hints he might be an angel. Or maybe just nuts.
- Mood Whiplash The movies makes a fast turn to the dramatic when Drake murders Kirk and then swings back when Kirk reappears as a ghost two minutes later.
- Theme Park Version: Kirk and Flint take most of their cues from old pirate movies, but do get the griminess right. Later when Drake dresses up as part of a scam, he takes this Up to Eleven with something he obviously bought from a cheap costume store.
- The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything
- Rule of Funny
- Talk Like a Pirate