|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
During the colonization of the Spiral tensions with Polaris reach their breaking point an a war between . As the war went on some mercenaries began to switch allegiances based on who offered the greatest profit, some eventually swore off all allegiance and pillaged all ships they saw. Thus the first Pirates were born.
Now the war has ended and all the great navies are broken and licking their wounds allowing pirates to to pillage and plunder to their heart's desire. This golden age of piracy began and the pirate's even changes the thieves den of Skull Island into a republic.
However, the Marleybone's Royal Navy is beginning to regroup and the Valencian navy of clockworks is growing. The clockwork's leader Commander Kane has made it his personally duty to hunt down and bring piracy to an end.
It takes place in the same setting as Wizard101 but how the two games' stories interact has not been revealed.
Pirate 101 provides examples of:
- Affectionate Parody: As Wizard101 was at least partially inspired by Harry Potter, Pirate101 is partially inspired by Pirates of the Caribbean.
- Born Lucky / Born Unlucky: Boochbeard has almost Rincewind type luck since he is almost always thwarted in his plans but he always escapes to try again another day. He also has way of always being present when important events happen.
- Clock Punk: Valencia's armada is manned by an army of clockworks. They are incredibly beautifully built.
- Cool Airship: Hand in hand with the Sky Pirates theme.
- Death From Above: The Musketeer class' special "Rain of Mortarshells"
- Everything Is Better With Monkeys: Monquistans
- Everything Is Better With Penguins: Polarians are a bunch of French penguins. They are more dangerous than they sound.
- Everything's Better with Platypi: The Watermoles are a tribal pirate faction. There are two groups the Nui, friendly traders, and the Waponi a warlike tribe that are xenophobic to the point of hating even the Nui.
- Everything Is Worse With Bears: One of the species from Grizzleheim. However, they have tried to remain neutral in the wars.
- Fragile Speedster: The Swashbuckler class
- Great Offscreen War: The backstory for the origins of the pirates.
- Hollywood Voodoo: The Witchdoctor class
- I Have Many Names: Broochbeard has collected quite a few in his long career. This being Broochbeard, none are particularly Badass.
- The Mafia: Frogfather's Syndicate is the most powerful group of smugglers in the spiral.
- The Man Behind the Man: Mr. Gandry is rumored to be behind Boochbeard's operations.
- The Medic: The Privateer class; they also help buff allies.
- Mighty Glacier: The Buccaneer class
- Not-So-Safe Harbor: Skull Island is suppose to be type 1 but as this is a family game it will probably be fairly safe.
- Our Wormholes Are Different: The Stormgates are giant whirlpool like swirly things that enable ships to travel between the worlds of the spiral.
- Petting Zoo People: As with Wizard101, they make up a large potion of the Spiral's population.
- Shattered World: This takes place in the same Spiral as Wizard 101 made of a bunch islands that are the remaining pieces of the first world after it was shattered by the war between the dragons, ice giants, and tritons and stitched together in the spiral shape by the grandfather tree.
- Tangled Family Tree: Perhaps one of the most massive cases of this, all of Monquistia is at least a third cousin of some former king. Their marriages are so twisted and tangled that the family trees look like cobwebs made by drunken spiders.
- Sky Pirate: Since there aren't many seas on the spiral, this is the main way to travel.
- Wild Card: The Monquistans are quick to change alliances since they are very easily offended. Boochbeard's second in command, Mr. Gandry, literally served in three different navies before becoming a pirate.