|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Most of the animation from The Wall.
- Speaking of The Wall, while the entire album is creepy, two tracks stand out. Most of "Don't Leave Me Now" sounds extremely disturbing, and the beginning of "Is There Anybody Out There?" resembles something from a horror movie. Thank God it turns into a nice-sounding guitar melody.
- "Goodbye Blue Sky". It starts with a soothing guitar riff, then the terror sets in. "D-D-D-DID YOU SEE THE FRIGHTENED ONES? D-D-D-DID YOU HEAR THE FALLING BOMBS?"
- But in the town it was well known / when they got home at night / their fat and psychopathic wives would thrash them / within inches of their lives!
- The meat grinder in "Another Brick in the Wall (Part 2)".
- "Careful with That Axe, Eugene"
- The ethereal wailing sounds at around the 11-minute mark in Echoes.
- The title track off of A Saucerful of Secrets up to the "Celestial Voices" movement.
- The live disc of Ummagumma, which contains the aforementioned "Careful With That Axe, Eugene" and "A Saucerful Of Secrets", as well as unnerving versions of "Astronomy Domine" and "Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Sun".
- "Come In Number 51, Your Time Is Up", the Zabriskie Point version of "Eugene", is even harsher and scarier.
- "Sheep" may also qualify as this. Halfway into the song, there is very eerie Hammond organ, followed by a corrupted version of Psalm 23 which could give you nightmares:
"The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want
He makes me down to lie
Through pastures green he leadeth me the silent waters by
With bright knives he releaseth my soul
He maketh me to hang on hooks in high places
He converteth me to lamb cutlets
For lo, he hath great power and great hunger
When cometh the day we lowly ones
Through quiet reflection and great dedication
Master the art of karate
Lo, we shall rise up
And then we'll make the bugger's eyes water."
- The whole of Dark Side of the Moon is so, so unsettling. "There's someone in my head... but it's not me."
- "ONE OF THESE DAYS, I'M GOING TO CUT YOU INTO LITTLE PIECES!!!"
- While "Welcome to the Machine" is a pretty dark song to begin with, the music video is just as disturbing as the animated scenes from "The Wall".
- Not exactly a Pink Floyd song, but Barrett's "Dark Globe" is both heartbreaking and terrifying. It's a Sanity Slippage Song written by a man who was actually turning insane.
"Won't you miss me?
Wouldn't you miss me at aaaAAAAAAAALL"