|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Pinchcliffe Grand Prix or Flåklypa Grand Prix is a 1975 Norwegian animated feature film, directed by Ivo Caprino based on the works of author Kjell Aukrust.
In the tiny mountain town Flåklypa lives the bicycle-repairman and inventor Reodor Felgen and his two assistants, Soland (a cheerful and optimistic morning bird) and Ludvig (a nervous, pessimistic and melancholic hedgehog).
One day, the trio discovers that one of Reodor's former assistants, Rudolf Blodstrupmoen, has stolen his design for a race car engine and has become a world champion Formula One driver. Solan secures funding from an Arab oil sheik who happens to be vacationing in Flåklypa, and to enter the race, the trio builds a gigantic racing car: Il Tempo Gigante.
This movie is one of the (if not THE) biggest successes in Norwegian film:
5.5 million cinema tickets has been sold for this movies premiere and rereleases – the Norwegian population is about 4,9 million.
This film contains examples of:
- Arab Oil Sheikh - Sheikh Ben Redic Fy Fazan. Translates something like Sheikh Ben Radish Gosh Tarnit.
- Awesome McCoolname - Rudolf Blodstrupmoen.
- Belly Dancer - A belly-dancing bird (in more than one sense of the word).
- Burning Rubber - To the degree that the asphalt itself gets roasted and curls off the ground.
- Cool Car - Il Tempo Gigante.
- Cross-Dressing Voices - Solan
- Defictionalization: The Il Tempo Gigante would go on to be built true to scale in real life. So powerful and noisy is it that it violates the European auto regulations, so it's only allowed on closed circuits (the official top speed recorded is 180 km/h, or 111 mph). To date, it stands proudly on display at the Hunderfossen theme park in Lillehammer.
- Everything's Better with Monkeys - Emanuel Desperados, Ben Redic's driver, is a gorilla.
- Feather Fingers - Solan Gundersen has hands. Still a bird.
- Lovable Coward - Ludvig
- Petting Zoo People - A hedgehog and morning birds.
- You No Take Candle - The Sheikh.
Sheikh Ben Redic Fy Fazan: I many money. You all broke.
- Widget Series - Arguable a Weird Scandinavian Thing