|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Phoenix Wrong is a collection of short Flash videos originated by Newgrounds user AshfordPride. These consists of animated videos of the cast of Ace Attorney (both the Phoenix Wright and Apollo Justice continuities, and using sprites from both eras), with the sprites edited to make the characters sing famous songs or quote from movies/TV shows/popular Internet memes. The first series of videos proved to be quite popular, and after a while, other users got into the act. The quality between user videos tends to vary heavily.
Tropes common in Phoenix Wrong Flashes:
- Brick Joke: See below Memetic Sex God example.
- The Cameo: GIR
- Candle Jack: Phoenix ends up saying his name in the obvious shout-ou
- Cloudcuckoolander: The Judge, following on from how gullible and easily-manipulated he comes across as in the actual game - "I feel like I'm taking CRAZY PILLS!"
- Cluster F-Bomb: "Hi! I'm here to tell you that Mike Nelson is innocent! Mike Nelson is 200% [BEEP] not guilty! And if you [BEEP]s don't [BEEP] find him innocent, then you can just [BEEP] kiss my fat [BEEP]ing [BEEP], and that [BEEP]ing goes for your bull[BEEP] court system, too!
- Follow the Leader
- Phoenix, I Am Your Father
- Male Gaze: Alternating shots between Phoenix and Edgeworth's eyes (With the theme from "Ironsides", natch) ends with The Reveal - they're staring at April May's boobs.
- Memetic Mutation: If there's a meme to be repeated or Ear Worm to be played, then by God, every flash will contain at least a half-dozen of them.
- Memetic Sex God: Exaggerated in-universe. Mia says she touches herself when she thinks about Miles Edgeworth...and so does Phoenix.
- Reaction Shot: Special mention goes to Miles Edgeworth's shocked expression.
- Satire, Parody, Pastiche
- Spit Take: Godot does this when Edgeworth asks, "Why does it hurt when I pee?"
- You Keep Using That Word: The Judge:
"I swear to god, I'll pistol-whip the next guy that says "shenanigans"!"