The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
The Main Characters
Kaito Daimon (Einstein)
- Anime Hair
- Catch Phrase: "Puzzle Time, Hajimerida!" *Red Eye* (Puzzle Time, has begun)
- Does Not Like Spam: Can't stand Nonoha's cooking.
- Even the Guys Want Him
- Glowing Eyes Red Eye Of Doom
- Happily Adopted: His parents were POG officers assigned to train him as a Phi Brain candidate, but they grew to genuinely love him as their own son.
- The Hero
- Heroic BSOD: Twice so far.
- I Let You Win: Thanks to the vision he saw of the future he choose not to take the two beams and win against Gammon,
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold
- Parental Abandonment: His parents died when he was little and his guardian, Baron Kaido, sent him off to a boarding school in England.
- Red Oni: to Rook's blue.
- Teen Genius
- Tranquil Fury: Everytime when the Orpheus Armband is activated.
Nonoha Itou (Nightingale)
- The Ace
- The Big Guy
- Cooldown Hug: Gives one to Kaito towards the end of season one.
- Curtains Match the Window
- Lethal Chef: In Kaito's opinion.
- Supreme Chef: To everyone else.
- Oblivious to Love: Inversion, she oblivious to her own love for Kaito.
- Photographic Memory
- Tomboyish Ponytail
- The Watson
Gammon Sakanoue (Galileo)
- Big Brother Instinct
- Face Heel Turn
- Easily Forgiven: Was he ever.
- Fiery Redhead
- Green-Eyed Monster: His jealously of Kaito's abilities is one of the reason for his Face Heel Turn.
- Gray Eyes
- Hell-Bent for Leather
- Hypocrite: So he thinks that Kaito has to be dealt with because his armbad makes him disregard the lives of his friends and he constantly puts them in dangerous situations. What is his solution Join POG and try to kill Kaito with his puzzles, therefore putting his friends into even more dangerous situations. ** Then there's the fact that Kaito friends have gotten into dangerous situations of their own free will without telling Kaito including Gammon and Gammon only survived the exorcism labryinth puzzle in Venice thanks to the armband.
- Jun Fukuyama
- The Lancer
- Large Ham: Makes you wonder if Jun Fukuyama didn't took the role because he wanted to yell a lot.
- Motive Decay: went from trying to protect his friends to making puzzles to kill people and wanting to take the God Scrolls.
- Promotion to Parent: He has a younger sister to take care of.
- Real Men Cook: Much to Kaito and Nonoha's shock,
- Redheaded Hero: turns into Evil Redhead
- The Resenter: Over getting shown up by Kaitou time and time again.
- The Rival Turned Evil: for half of season 1.
- The Starscream: After joining P.O.G. he tells Elena is is going to crush both Kaito and Rook
- Smug Snake: Ever since he became a Giver and before it as well. The first time as a Giver Kaito showed mercy on him while Gammon kept on trying to egg him on into beating him and proving he's right. The second time Kaito chose not to take the two beams and win thanks to the vision he saw though Gammon doesn't know this. The Puzzle involving vehicles and the Exorcism Labryinth puzzles he couldn't solve were solved thanks to the armband. Yet he still acts like he is better than Kaito and the armband in every way.
- Welcome Back, Traitor
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: He joins POG to kill Kaito, because he belives he and his armband are dangerous for everybody else. But see Motive Decay above.
Cubic Galois (Edison)
- Blue Eyes
- Bratty Half-Pint: During his first appearance, he quickly grows out of it.
- Friendless Background: His best friends were numbers before he interacted with Kaito.
- Gadgeteer Genius
- Hair of Gold
- Idiot Hair
- The Smart Guy
- Stalker with a Crush: Towards Kaito, he even knew that Kaito's shampoo ran out.
Ana Gram (da Vinci)
- The Chick
- Dude Looks Like a Lady
- Friend to All Living Things
- I See Dead People: Apparently.
- Punny Name
- Underestimating Badassery: Ana's abilities are frequently underestimated by friends and foes alike, and in the latter case his carefree antics tend to annoy his opponents so much that they don't see the finishing move coming until it's too late.
- Wholesome Crossdresser
- Akira Ishida
- Club President: Of the Puzzle Club. He's also the...
- Curtains Match the Window
- Perpetual Smiler
- Refused by the Call
- The Sixth Ranger
- Trademark Favorite Food: Apple juice.
Rook Banjou Crossfield
- Anime Hair
- Big Bad: Currently holds this role for the first season, as of episode 22.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: Thanks to the Orpheus Armband.
- Blue Oni: to Kaito's red.
- Crazy Jealous Guy
- Evil Former Friend
- Heel Face Turn
- Psychopathic Manchild
- Takahiro Sakurai
- The Atoner: After being freed from the armband.
- Tyke Bomb
- Walking the Earth: At the end of the first season.
- White-Haired Pretty Boy: Platinum Blonde
- Villainous Breakdown: He does not take the fact that Kaito's armband breaks well at all.
- Yandere: Almost on Yuno Gasai levels with whole sacrificing the world for his love if he has to.
Elena Himekawa (Antoinette)
- Alternative Character Interpretation: In-Universe - she thinks that Gammon doesn't really care about Puzzle Of God and thinks of Kaito as his friend, just refuses to admit it.
- Dark Chick
- Megumi Nakajima
- The Mentor: To Kaito and Rook
- Parental Substitute: After the deaths of Kaitou's parents, Baron became his legal guardian.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Despite being a POG officer, he strives to maintain the standards the POG was built on and not go along with the increasing ruthlessness of the organization.
- Complete Monster: Creates puzzles solely with the intent of killing the Solver, even deliberately altering some to make them unsolvable. And if the Solver manages to win anyway, he'll still try to kill them.
- Sore Loser
- Badass Cape
- Big Bad: Apparently is this of Season 2.
- Blond Guys Are Evil
- Catch Phrase: Let's Play *Badass Finger-Snap*
- Forgotten Friend, New Foe: To Kaito
- Laughing Mad
- Missing Mom
- Perpetual Smiler
- Awesomeness By Analysis: His specialty is studying people, allowing him to anticipate their moves or deliver a devastating Hannibal Lecture.
- Break Them by Talking: Beats Kaito this way in the Rink Slider game.
- Childhood Friends: With Freecell.
- Sinister Shades
- Trying to Catch Me Fighting Dirty: After nearly losing to Kaito he gives him a Hannibal Lecture on his failure with Rook.
- Arch Enemy: Becomes this for Gammon when he threatens Miharu's safety and shrugs it off like it was nothing.
- Clock King: Doesn't play into his puzzles yet, but his defining character trait is his punctuality.
Those who arrive late and waste the time of others, and those who arrive early and waste their own time... both are fools in my opinion.
- Daisuke Ono
- Even Evil Has Standards: is absolutely livid at Pinocle's below the belt tactics when Kaito got the upper hand
- Bare Your Midriff
- Berserk Button: Does not like free spirits like Ana.
- Cool Big Sis: To Melancholy
- Flower in Her Hair
- Serious Business
- Yoko Hikasa
- Zettai Ryouiki: In her school uniform
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Shown when she makes a smug face after Mizerka loses and says she'll be punished.
- Evil Is Petty: Her reason for hating Kaito is because he once called one of her puzzles ordinary.
- Nice Hat
- Princess Curls
- Stage Magician: Dresses like one
- Token Mini-Moe
- Puzzle Referee: Serves this role instead of participating directly.
- Spell My Name with an "S"
- Bigger Bad: Named as the leader of Orpheus Order.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.