|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Petit Eva: Evangelion@School is yet another adaptation of Neon Genesis Evangelion. This time, it's a Super Deformed comedic parody which has most of the principal cast (including Unit 01 and three Reis at once) in silly hijinks around the high school. It features no spoken (intelligible) dialogue, and rather than using traditional animation, it is done in complete 3-D CGI.
Compare SD Gundam Force, which also has a parodic take on its similarly moody, cerebral franchise.
"Petit Eva" contains examples of the following tropes:
- Accidental Pervert: Shinji AND Unit-01, after accidentally digging a hole under Asuka's skirt.
- Bedsheet Ghost: How Kaworu disguises himself.
- The Bully: How the Angels are represented.
- Cheerful Child: Rei 3...except when she doesn't get her cake.
- Clasp Your Hands If You Deceive: Gendo, to the point where a lot of the scenes with him have him doing this.
- Dirty Old Man: Gendo
- Dodge the Bullet: Parodied when Misato throws pieces of chalk at Shinji for sleeping, and his involuntary movements cause him to doge them all, even when fired from a Gatling gun.
- Gender Flip: While technically Eva-01 was a robot and therefore had no gender, it was inhabited by Yui's soul. In this version, Eva-01 is portrayed as being male. Also, Keel is apparently now female.
- Genki Girl: Rei 2.
- Giant Eye of Doom: Creepily plastered everywhere, including on top of Tokyo-3's school.
- Moe Anthropomorphism: Eva-00, Eva-02, AND Jet Alone get this.
- Mind Screw: Some of the episodes make NO LOGICAL SENSE AT ALL. Granted, it was made by Gainax, but still...some youtube comments indicate that the plots are even more incomprehensible than Instrumentality.
- Mythology Gag: Shinji and Asuka defeating Israfel with perfectly synchronized moves is similar to how they did it in the original Evangelion.
- Nose Nuggets: Eva-01 accidentally shoots a booger into Sachiel's face, setting of a Roaring Rampage of Revenge.
- Surreal Humor
- Running Gag: Quite a few:
- Defeated Angels becoming toys for Rei 3.
- A random bird pooping mid-flight.
- Misato throwing chalk at students that aren't paying attention.
- Sigil Spam: On everything, including toast.
- Twin Switch: Rei 2 decides to do this when Rei 1 falls sick. Of course, with their personalities being polar opposites, everyone in school is VERY confused.
- Unusually Uninteresting Sight: Mouthless pink bears in bakeries? Gigantic hairless one-eyed lumps? Who cares?
- The Voiceless: Everyone, since there is no dialogue.
- What Do You Mean It's Not Awesome?: Eva-01's super boogers.