|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Proof that the remaining 10% is worth dying for here:
These are recommendations made by Tropers for Fan Fics, all of which have been signed. After a few samples, you will be able to judge whether you might be interested in the 'fic, based on who recommended it. No-name recommendations will be Zapped. Nobody would back up the rec. Discussion of the recommendation is welcome on the discussion page. As such discussion is important, do remember to add the discussion page to the watchlist, if need be.
Authors, and Websites
Stories focused on the family and the friendly relationships of the cast. Plot-focused stories or light day-in-the-life stories. Pretty much anything that isn't focused on romance.
A Hundred Years Ago, by Parsnips
- Recommended by Roach Patrol
- Synopsis: Wendy learns the trick of tidying up childrens' dreams while they sleep, and finds out things that even Peter no longer remembers -- in this case, exactly who Captain Hook used to be, and how he became who he was.
- Comments: It's achingly sad and beautiful, without ever being angsty or self-indulgent, and I think the style of the fic mimics Barrie's work astonishingly well.
Pan, by Bill Mudron
- Recommended by Stardizzy
- Synopsis: A three volume webcomic prequel and sequel to Peter Pan, with the last volume taking place in 2008. (Very incomplete, as yet.)
- Comments: Haven't actually read this beyond the first couple of pages. Still, the art looks fine and so does the writing.
- Recommended by Wizard Joni
- Synopsis: A short story of how Captain Hook seeks to regain his lost daughter. Here, Peter Pan is a fey creature who steals children.
- Comments: What started off as a relatively normal RPG thread soon morphs into EPIC storytelling. Manly Tears are quick to follow.
The Secret Of Neverland by Breech Loader
- Recommended by Harley Quinn hyenaholic
- Synopsis: What is the real meaning of Neverland? The bo'sun Smee is one of the few who knows the secret, which is contemplated upon while aboard the Jolly Roger, listening to a lullaby carried on the wind.
- Comments: A short but sweet fanfic with deep insight into the meaning and characterisations of the original story, and how Hooks, Smees, Pirates and Lost Boys come and go. Interestingly set in a more modern Neverland where Pirates can be women as well as men, and Smee is a woman this time. It ends on a bittersweet note that "Neverland makes even Pirates forget".
"Fas est et ab hoste doceri" by Mistress of Sarcasm
- Recommended by greeneyesrock
- Synopsis: Wendy has decided to change the story. The mermaid stabs the prince and saves herself, because maybe, just maybe, Happily Ever After is overrated.
- Comments: Could be a Tear Jerker for some. An alternate look at what would happen if Hook captured her. Very excellently splendorific.
Stories focused on the romantic relationships between the cast.