|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Oh no! You've just had an Accidental Pervert moment and now a girl is after you! And not in a good way! You may have seen her naked, grabbed somewhere she doesn't like, or anything on a similar line. And now you are REALLY in for it!
Can result in an instant smack-down, or possibly a game of hide and seek where the hide-ee is you and the seeker has a Hyperspace Mallet or some other implement!
Not to be confused with the Unprovoked Pervert Payback, where a girl gets set to Pervert Revenge Mode for no apparent reason. Can be subverted if the man is known to be gay by the attacker, or is a girl in disguise, etc. Generally the result of Accidental Pervert, or the Covert Pervert (Who may actually deserve his comeuppance!). Even the Chivalrous Pervert may get battered occasionally. See also: Double Standard. A common tactic of the Tsundere.
- Every Harem Anime ever
- Love Hina - LOTS
- It gets so ridiculous that later in the anime series, Keitaro lampshades that he's probably invulnerable due to building up a resistance from constantly getting Megaton Punch'd by Naru.
- Fruits Basket
- Mazinger Z: Sayaka took no kindly when she was spied in the anime series. One example happened in the the Mazinger vs Great General of Darkness movie, when Kouji walked into her when she was having a shower, and she slapped him.
- Subverted in the original manga. Kouji and Sayaka saw each other naked accidentally... and they just apologized each other calmly (blushing the whole time). It was especially funny because it was Sayaka the one walked into Kouji.
- Ranma Saotome of Ranma ½ gets this treatment from almost every girl in the series at some point. Especially Akane, since it was written that way to create even more moments of sexual tension.
- Zero no Tsukaima in which Louise does this to Saito at least three times every episode.
- Subverted in Neon Genesis Evangelion when Shinji accidentally gropes Rei and she does nothing.
- Played straight in episode 8, when Shinji, Kensuke and Toji find out what happens when a certain quick-tempered, three-quarters-German EVA-02 pilot wears a dress on the open flight deck of an aircraft carrier in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. In a series that prides itself on Fanservice. Cue slapping noises.
Toji: What was that for?!
Asuka: Payment for the view. A bargain, nicht?
- The entire female student body in the first episode of Ladies vs. Butlers, who Akiharu accidentally manages to molest through bizarrely contrived but wholly innocent coincidence, to the point of an Overly Long Gag. Amongst them are Covert Pervert and brazenly perverted girls, who chase him not for revenge but because they wanted more than a grope.
- Parodied in Nichijou. Where in another anime Sasahara doing something perverted would result in a Armour Piercing Slap or possibly an offscreen beatdown, Misato's response is to shoot him with anything from a pistol to a rocket launcher. Sasahara usually shrugs it off.
- Infinite Stratos takes that further. When Dunois reveals her real gender and the rest of the class realises Ichika was roommates with her, Rin comes after him in her Powered Armor and fires a full-powered Impact Cannon blast at his head. Unusually, the situation is quickly defused by Laura blocking the shot then promptly stealing a kiss from Ichika and declaring him her "bride" in front of everyone. Cue Big "What?" from everyone.
- In Naruto it's said that Jiraiya has been near death three times and one of those times was stated when he peeped on Tsuande and it wasn't pretty.
- The protagonist of Sleeping with the Girls is rather upset to discover that the laws of physics in the worlds he visits actually make this a physical law. Especially problematic when he keeps materialising in the beds of Tsunderes and he doesn't have the ability to shrug off Megaton Punches.
- It's common in a Naruto for Jiraiya or Naruto usually it's the latter exposes the former.
- The Ur Example is the Greek story of the hunter Actaeon, who stumbled across the goddess Artemis bathing nude in the forest. Actaeon was astounded by her beauty, but Artemis (an eternal virgin) was outraged. In her anger, she turned Actaeon into a stag and he was torn apart by his own dogs.
- Lei-Fang kicks an Accidental Pervert off a moving train -possibly killing him and definitely leaving him stranded and injured- simply for bumping into her. It's Played for Laughs, of course, but considering that Lei-Fang's whole motivation for entering the DOA tournament was to beat up a guy who saved her life years ago, it's entirely possible that she's really just a dangerous lunatic turned loose on society.
- Persona 3 Hell hath no fury like a couple of girls intruded upon their visit to the hot springs. You can be a Male Protagonist and try to escape or, with the Updated Rerelease, be a female protagonist and try to find the guys.
- Elh, after the second Shower of Awkward in Solatorobo, spends considerably more time punching Red and telling him what an idiot he is. Considering it's actually all in Red's mind, he technically went vengeful on himself.
- Women in El Goonish Shive have the explicit ability to summon magical hammers when a man makes a sexist comment around them. This was originally given no explanation beyond Rule of Funny, but Cerebus Syndrome over the years eventually led to the revelation that hammer summoning was made possible by an ancient and powerful supernatural being (who loved a good sexist joke and slapstick comedy) but whose death put an end to said hammers.