|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
A sequel to Persona 3 FTW based upon the game Persona 4, Persona 4TW is a webcomic on Drunk Duck by J.C. Scott, aka Strain42. The comic follows the day-by-day progression of events of the game, starting on April 11, 2011. The webcomic was completed in March 21st.
On May 4th, J.C. Scott posted a logo for the upcoming webcomic based on the upcoming Persona 4: The Golden, entitled Gold'n P4TW. He posted a video in need of help on funding this.
Persona 4 TW provides examples of:
- Adaptation Distillation
- Affectionate Parody
- Art Evolution: Compare this page to this page. It was even lampshaded by the creator.
- Art Shift: The Hermit link comics has a cruder art style (but not too extreme) compared to the rest of the other comics. Comes with thicker outline too.
- Author Tract: Scott really hates Yosuke. He's no worse to him than the game, though. And he stated that he doesn't go out of his way to hate on Yosuke, after reading comments, including those on TV Tropes.
- Big Eater: The MC. See Fool Rank 2, where he eats the entire bowl.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Um....Yikes!
- Butt Monkey: Ai calls the MC this, but Yosuke really is one. Even more so than in the original game.
- Call Back: Teddie smacks the MC's phone out of his hand after he announces that if he sees screenshots of Persona 4: The Golden and Persona 4 Arena the world will blow up.
- Quite a few in the school trip.
- Cat Smile: Nanako in Justice Rank 5.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Yukiko.
- Continuity Nod: "Like, I know, right?!" makes a triumphant return as the author continues to try and make it into a Catch Phrase. The skipping comics also return.
- Exact Words: Yosuke tells the MC to change the CD playing. He changes it.
- Later, Yosuke tells the MC to organize the movies while he's working at Junes. He does exactly that.
- Failed a Spot Check: Inverted; only the party members realize that Naoto is a girl: even characters who eventually become party members don't realize it until they actually join.
- Fourth Wall Observer: Teddie, numerous times to the point that it's his new gimmick instead of Bear-puns and -kuma Verbal Tics. Hasn't started talking to the audience yet, though.
Shadow Teddie: "You speak of comics, but do you know where they come from? Do you know of the video game Persona 4? Did you not notice the references a mere 2 comics ago? You think you're a funny, clever, original comic character...in reality, you are nothing but a-"
Teddie: "Don't you dare say it! JUST SHUT UP!"
Shadow Teddie: "'Parody.' Or perhaps I should say 'Bearody' it is something our real character would say..."
- Funny Background Event: The author has stated he is fond of these.
Daisuke: Mwahahahaha! Yes! Run and Scream! RUN AND SCREAM!
- Handsome Lech: The Protagonist.
- Idiosyncratic Episode Naming: In a compromise between the confusing but punny Persona 3 FTW titles and the more straightforward but bland Persona 3 FeMC titles, Persona 4 TW has clear titles on social links and punny titles on everything else.
- Incredibly Lame Pun: Chariot Rank 10, where Chie gives the MC a stake in a reference to how she loves steak.
- Death Rank 3, where the old woman tells the MC a pun about her deceased husband when she first met him. The MC is not amused.
- Loveable Sex Maniac: The protagonist.
- Not Distracted by the Sexy: The MC playing his 3DS while Rise is off-scene wearing booty shorts and having a tube top mishap. Rise even calls him out on this.
- Not with the Safety On, You Won't: Kanji uses this against Adachi, and distracts him long enough for the MC to hit the gun out of his hand.
- Official Couple: The protagonist and Rise.
- Pet the Dog: Sun Rank 2, in which the MC is actually nice.
- The MC is nice in almost all the Sun comics.
- Phrase Catcher: Naoto's is "Shut up, square."
- Platonic Life Partners: Ai of the Moon Arcana is this to the protagonist. The author frequently comments that he wonders if he should have made Ai the love interest instead of Rise.
- Product Placement: Subverted. Peace Tea is mentioned multiple times, but this is only because Scott really enjoys the drink.
- Running Gag: A few.
Character: "YOU'RE NOT ME!!!"
Newest Party Member: "Damn it..."
- Shout-Out: Naoto gets interviewed by a man who looks like Miles Edgeworth wearing Phoenix Wright's suit.
- Speech Bubbles: Uses a different color for Shadows.
- Stealth Pun: Shadow Kanji, already a living Camp Gay joke, speaks entirely in Queen song titles.
- Take a Third Option: In the comic Procrasti Nayton, the MC writes "Kill Sam...with a bullet...a 45...to the head and/or face area." The question is the cabbage/chicken/wolf riddle.
- The Tape Knew You Would Say That: Judgement Rank 8. Word of God is amused that the line is almost quote for quote like the Dilbert one.
- The Voiceless: Once again, the MC.
- Almost averted in Strength 5, when Scott claimed he originally had the MC talk. However, he changed the panel before releasing it.
- Wild Mass Guessing: Yukiko and Chie do this while helping Nanako with her homework. All she wants to know is if embarrassed has two R's in it.
- Wingding Eyes: X's and Spirals abound.