|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
The Characters of Persona 3. Spoilers Abound
= Voiced by Ayana Taketatsu (Japanese) and Cindy Robinson (English) =
- Action Girl
- An Axe to Grind: Her Weapon of Choice, as well as her name
- Ascended Extra: From a background character in a CD drama, to a playable Action Girl in Persona 4 Arena..
- Class Representative
- Dangerously-Short Skirt
- Genki Girl: Far more than Aigis or Metis, at least.
- Joshikousei: Her default outfit in Persona 4 Arena.
- Meaningful Name: Labrys is Cretan for axe.
- Robot Girl
- Theme Naming: Third Robot Girl who has an "S" at the end of her name.
- Zettai Ryouiki
A notorious Bonus Boss found in Persona 3 and Persona 4, including FES, P 3 P and the Anime of the Game. His Arcana card is "Death", and he's based off the Grim Reaper. His face is shrouded in bandages, with only one ominous yellow eye to see its surroundings. In Persona 3, he lurks around Tartarus during the Dark Hour, personally appearing under one of four outcomes: if you stay on one level for too long, if there aren't any Shadows in a level, if there are only gold Shadows on a revel, or if you pick a Shuffle Time card that's appended by an ominous black crossbone. Thankfully, he cannot follow you through the stairs, but good luck trying to find them.
He reappears in Persona 4, but only on your second playthrough. In Magatsu Inaba/Mandala, the Reaper can be found in ordinary chests; upon examination, the Protagonist is forewarned that a powerful force dwells within the chest. Should the Protagonist choose to open it, the Reaper will attack the Protagonist, engaging the party to a battle. Like its previous incarnation, the Reaper can be challenged multiple times, as long as the Protagonist manages to locate the treasure chest he dwells within. He will only drop a characters' weapon if they are in the team that fights him, so you can re-organize the party every time you fight him if you want to get every character weapon.
- Ascended Extra: He actually appears in the Anime of the Game for Persona 4.
- Badass: One of the toughest enemies you'll ever have to face in the Persona series, unless your level reaches the mid-80s.
- Badass Longcoat: With four coat-tails, too.
- Bonus Boss: A famous one among Persona fans.
- Taken literally in Persona 4, where you can actually choose whether or not to fight him.
- Call Back: His garments bear some resemblance to Tatsuya Sudou's clothes.
- Character Tic: Run the fuck away when you hear the chains rattle.
- Also, avoid the black crossbone cards at Shuffle Time!
- The Dragon: In Persona 4: The Animation, Adachi personally summons him to fend off the investigation team.
- Evil Is Stylish: Come on, admit it. You want to cosplay as him some day.
- Four Is Death: One of four avatars of the Grim Reaper, with his total (P3) HP at 4444, there are four scenarios in P3 that allows him to approach you.
- Guns Akimbo: He completely forgoes a scythe for dual revolvers.
- Grim Reaper: One of four in this game.
- Me's a Crowd: Three Reapers show up in Persona 4: The Animation.
- Metal Slime: In Persona 4, defeating the Reaper grants the respective characters their strongest weapons per defeat; if the in-battle characters already have their strongest weapons, the Reaper instead drops the strongest armor. If all of those have already been received as well, the Reaper drops the Omnipotence Orb, an accessory which voids all attacks excluding Almighty-elemental.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: Picking a Shuffle Time card with a black crossbone quickens his approach. Makes for a good Oh Crap moment if you never saw him until that point.
- Recurring Boss: Since his debut in the original Persona 3, this guy has appeared in every Persona game to date (sans Persona 4 Arena).
- Revolvers Are Just Better: Especially when they have 3 foot long barrels.
- Sealed Evil in a Can: The Persona 4 incarnation hides him in a chest on the Magatsu Inaba/Mandala dungeons. Lord knows who managed to do that.
- Sinister Scythe: An incredibly rare aversion.
- Stalked by the Bell: Take too long to leave a level, and this bastard will show up.
- The Usual Adversaries: Being a Bonus Boss, this guy always harasses you in the Persona 3 games (including FES and P3P). Even after defeating him, he'll always show up again.
- Video Game Cruelty Potential: If you're nowhere near an access point or the stairs, you can split up your party and hope he tracks down one of them while you make your escape.