The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Complete Monster: The Iranian government.
- Funny Moments: Marjane going to the hardcore punk concert. Cue insane singer yelling at the crowd while brandishing his middle finger.
- Another bit in the book has the school headmistress yelling at their parents because they were acting up and being too liberal for their liking. Their parents weren't having a bit of it, and Marjane's dad even once said, "If hair is so bad, then maybe you should shave your moustache". What also added to the scene was a note saying, "Yes, he actually did say that."
- High Octane Nightmare Fuel: Life in Iran. A couple of more specific examples:
- "The bracelet was still attached to...I don't know what..."
- The silhouetted figures of Satrapi's friends running away from the police - and the one who tries to jump across to the other building, but falls to his death. And the police simply staring down at him, and then coolly walking away from the scene. Brr.
- Narm Charm: See Training Montage. Tell me that isn't awesome (all things considered.)
- Tear Jerker: When Marjane visits her uncle in prison. Especially when he gives her the swan.
- Woolseyism: Not sure how it went in the graphic novel, but in the film there was a scene where a man rudely says, "Hé, je te parle!" ("Hey, I'm talking to you!") to Marjane's mother, who corrects him with "je vous parle." The literal translation is the same, but the latter uses the plural form of 'you' instead of the singular, which in French is the polite way to talk to someone you don't know.  The subtitles translate this as him saying, "Hey, woman!" and her saying, "You don't say 'woman', you say ma'am."
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.