|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Perfect Kirby is an internet flash series that is somewhat of a crossover between Perfect Dark and Kirby. Kirby is a vigilante, and one night, receives a mysterious phone call and is taken by force to become a secret agent for an organization known as The Institute. He thus gets involved in crazy schemes such as Xboxes being smuggled into England, kidnapped Aliens in Area 52, and saving the president in Alaska.
There are many cameos from video game characters and some surreal humor. The series is a three part epic made from 2002 to 2003. It can be viewed on Newgrounds.
- Anti-Hero: Kirby is Type V.
- Art Evolution: Compare the animation and art from Episode 1 to Episodes 2 and 3. It gets better over time.
- Attention Deficit Ooh Shiny: From episode 1.2:
Kirby: Just a bunch of boxes. Wait a minute - Bill, Xboxes, England, waffles, Xboxes, Bill, Bill, Xboxes, England, SMUGGLING... Oh my God! Oh my God! A penny!
- However, he does realize what's going on the next second.
- Big Bad Friend: Defied with Bill, Kirby's next door neighbor and the Big Bad in Episode 1. When Kirby confronts him, he insists that they're friends, but Kirby points out that they've known each other for two weeks, and he indicates that he finds Bill an annoyance.
- Big No: Bill when being hauled off.
- Butt Monkey: One recurring cameo gets killed off every time.
- Catch a Falling Star: Mario catches all the heroes as they fall out of Air Force One.
- Disproportionate Retribution: Roy fires Professor Oblivion because the coffee was "bland and cherry flavored" (it turned out to be Kool-Aid). And he wants to take over the world so that he can be rid of Oblivion and his coffee.
- Everything's Better with Penguins: Ian
- Evil Is Petty: The Big Bad in Episode 3.
Kirby: That has got to be, by far, the stupidest reason for world domination I have ever heard!
- Fat Idiot: Lenny
- Heroic Sociopath: Kirby.
- Hilarious Outtakes: Many, from a mishap with a wire to Roy saying that he "fried" Oblivion.
- Laser Hallway: Some laser sensors protect one objective in the Alaska air force base. Ian gets by them easily, but Kirby blunders right into them.
- Made of Plasticine: People bleed a lot, and sometimes get liquefied, when they get hit by gunfire.
- Ms. Fanservice: Joanna and HOW!
- Name's the Same: While the game features many Nintendo and Rare characters, Roy is not at all like the Roy from Fire Emblem in appearance or personality.
- Noodle Incident: When getting his first phone call from Neill, Kirby insists that if he's calling about his TV, "the old lady was dead when (he) got there." There's also how Ian knows President Bush.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: In a flashback in Episode 3.1, Kirby and Joanna Dark were seen attending a villains' conference, and Kirby's only disguise was Luigi's hat. It fell off and everyone immediately identified him.
- The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything: While Kirby's out on missions, nearly getting killed and finding out secrets, people at The Institute are sitting around, playing board games or doing something else.
- Red Herring: The Hippin' Jippin' Gene creates a deadly gas when combined with Oblivion's Kool-Aid, but Roy really wants the President so that he can clone him and, controlling him, take over the world.
- Those Two Bad Guys: George and Lennie.
- Wham! Line: Episode 3
Roy: Then you know too much!
- What Measure Is a Mook?: Kirby and Ian kill many of the guards on board Air Force One. In the actual Perfect Dark mission, you fail the mission if you kill any of them.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Kirby gets called out for almost getting himself and Joanna killed on one mission when he blows their cover going for food.