|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Peggy: "Thank you for calling USA Prime Credit, my name Peggy."
Peggy is a customer service representative for USA Prime Credit, a spoof credit card company seen in series of advertisements for Discover Card. Peggy lives in Siberia, speaks with a Romanian accent and is a somewhat Affectionate Parody of people who work in call centers in countries such as India. Peggy's goal seems to be to provide you the least helpful customer service possible, by not answering your questions, giving you the run-around and refusing to deal with you directly. Further ramping up the parody, Peggy (as you can see in the page image) is a man.
Peggy is played by Tudor Petrut, an actor and writer who also works as a high school algebra teacher.
USA Prime Credit has an official website, but it is always broken.
Peggy and his commercials give examples of:
- Break the Motivational Speaker: In this case, Lou Holtz: "Lost my card, need a replacement sent..." "One month." "Do you believe in yourself? I believe in you." "You inspire me! Three weeks."
- Celebrity Endorsement: A couple of the commercials feature well-known figures in sports or entertainment calling Peggy.
- Corrupt Corporate Executive: Whoever runs that place enjoys screwing their customers over in various ways.
- Not to mention their idea of a "retraining program" is to have their employees beaten by a club-wielding puppet.
- Fail O'Suckyname: Peggy?! Not that he has any problem with his name.
- Fake Static: Bobby Bowden calls up "USA Prime Credit" to dispute charges and gets Peggy, who eventually rustles some paper and tells him that he's breaking up. Bowden tells him "I'm not too old to find you, son."
- For Inconvenience Press One
- I'm Not Afraid of You: "I'm not too old to find you, son."
- Laser-Guided Karma: Considering how much crap he puts various people though, a few people might think the "retraining program" is just karma's way of getting back at him.
- Notable Commercial Campaigns: Peggy is very popular on YouTube.