|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Peculia is a comic series written and drawn by Richard Sala. It is a spin-off of his original 12-issue series Evil Eye. Basically it tells of the misadventures of the title character Peculia, a barefooted waif who has a knack for getting into some rather morbid situations. Usually involving some form of monster, cultists or murderers.
Combined with Sala's artwork and his knack for macabre storytelling, it is a very interesting read to mystery and monster lovers alike. Along with the issues in Evil Eye, there a self titled book and a original graphic novel (Pictured) Peculia and the Groon Grove Vampires.
List of tropes in Peculia:
- Anyone Can Die: Well save for Peculia and her short list of recurring characters. Otherwise any new characters she runs into doesn't have a high chance of surviving.
- Big Brother Is Watching: The mysterious Obscurus whose taken an interest in Peculia.
- Creepy Child: One issue had Peculia run into a young neighbor of hers who overly cheery. The girl invites her to her house where Peculia finds the remains of the girl's parents. Without even dropping her nice tone, the girl admits she was the one who killed them. On yeah did I mention this girl can wield a shotgun too and her house sits on the edge of a cliff?
- Does Not Like Shoes: Well she did wear them in early issues, but completely abandons them later on.
- Literally abandons them at that. She had to escape the house she was staying at during the night (where she had taken her shoes off to go to bed), but never bothered to go back for her shoes or buy another pair.
- Probably Author Appeal since quite a few female characters go around barefoot. For instance, the group that causes the Zombie Apocalypse mentioned below consists of two girls who go barefoot (among other bare things) and two guys who do not.
- Fan Service: If there any cute girls around, they sometimes end up in, shall we say, compromising positions.
- Fetish Fuel: As creepy as things are, Peculia's adventures can be rather...arousing.
- James Bondage: Happens every now and then.
- Let's Get Dangerous: Despite her dainty figure, Peculia can defend herself when prompted.
- Nightmare Fuel: Oh yeah
- Nightmare Fuel Station Attendant: Peculia herself again. As odd as she is innocent.
- Red Shirt: You can pretty much tell whose gonna meet a bad end in these stories.
- Weirdness Magnet: Seriously Peculia just tries to go through the days as normal as possible, but just seems to get into these situations without even trying.
- Widget Series
- Zombie Apocalypse: In one story, a experiment gone wrong rises zombies from a graveyard. Save the least, the experimenters quickly become snacks.