|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Accidental Innuendo: No, the band's name wasn't based on semen. They had to replace "Mookie Blaylock". The bassist came with "Pearl", and after a Neil Young show in which every song was a jam...
- Archive Panic: If you start seeking the official bootlegs, that is.
- Awesome Music: Ten is one of the highest-selling debut albums of all time, up there with Boston's self-titled and Guns N' Roses' Appetite for Destruction, and their live shows are commonly agreed to be this. "Given To Fly" from the Yield album also qualifies.
- Covered Up: "Last Kiss" and its B-side "Soldier of Love".
- Epic Riff: "Even Flow", "Jeremy" (at least on the bass), "Rearviewmirror", and "Save You".
- Face of the Band: Eddie Vedder, to the point where "Weird Al" Yankovic made a song about him.
- First Installment Wins: Ten is generally considered to be an iconic album; none of their other albums have matched its popularity.
- Funny Moments: During the 96 Olympic Games, they recorded a Power Ballad written by the engineer who mixed No Code, "Olympic Platinum". It's hysterical.
How hard can it be?
How high can I jump?
How high can I throw?
How high can I run
How long can I hold my breath and stay underwater and wave my legs around in perfect unison with my partner who doesn't really understand me and my Olympic dream, my Olympic dream
- Nightmare Fuel: The video for "Jeremy" mixed this and Tear Jerker. Also, the Animated Music Video "Do The Evolution", a great illustration of Humans Are Bastards.