|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
In a World teeming with superheroes and supervillains, Patchwork Champions follows two such heroes, Timebender and Lucky Ladd, locked in an eternal struggle against their self-proclaimed nemesis, Mad Scientist Spencer Ecchs. They're later joined by more heroes, forming the titular team, and have bigger and bigger adventures, involving aliens, conspiracies, Alternate Universes... you know, the usual.
Ran in webcomic form from January 2006 to May 2008, and it continues in the form of an online serial to this day. Read the comic here, and the serial, which picks up right where the comic leaves off, can be read here.
Overall, a very well-written series that definitely Needs More Love. So check it out!
This comic/serial contains examples of:
- Duct Tape for Everything: Handyman can make anything out of duct tape. Handkerchiefs, lasers, hand grenades, even cars. He claims that anyone can do it.
- Frickin' Laser Beams: Dr. Echhs is quite fond of these.
- Mad Scientist: Dr. Echhs
- Not So Harmless: Dr. Echhs again.
- Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot: Ash, the Zombie Ninja Tree. (Both a tree that grows ninja zombies and a tree that is one.)
- Nigh Invulnerable: Being a world of superheroes, this comes up a lot, but special mention must be made to Invictus, who has a lot less "nigh" than most but no super-strength to go with it.
- Terrible Interviewees Montage: Seen early on in the comic.
- Theory of Narrative Causality: As fundamental to the workings of this universe as the laws of physics. So much so that characters who know how stories work can use it to their advantage.
- Wham! Line: "Actually... I am Rex Mundi."
- Winds of Destiny Change: This is Lucky Ladd's power (as if the name wasn't an indicator).