|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Analysis • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
(to Seo Yoo-Kyung) "I can do it. Posso fare. POSSO FARE!!" Incant the spell.—Choi Hyun-Wook, head chef of La Sfera
(to Seol Joon-Seok) YOU'RE FIRED!!!!!!!!!!—Choi Hyun-Wook, head chef of La Sfera
Pasta is a Korean Series which describes how a novice Italian chef named Seo Yoo-Kyung works her way up in La Sfera, an Italian restaurant. The new head chef, Choi Hyun-Wook, replacing previous chef Alfredo Totti, fires all of the women chefs shortly after he comes in, leaving them distraught. However, Yoo-Kyung manages to pass a blind taste test by Hyun-Wook to select the new member of the La Sfera crew, and manages to work hard enough to guarantee that position.
The incumbent president of La Sfera, Seol Joon-Seok, is fired because of bribery previously attributed to Yoo-Kyung. Kim San, a regular customer to La Sfera, is revealed to be its new president. He is dating Oh Se-Young, a famous Italian chef who used to date Hyun-Wook.
Pasta provides examples of: Edit
- Alone in a Crowd: Yoo-Kyung and Hyun-Wook, in the middle of a crosswalk until after the cars had started to move.
- Anywhere but Their Lips: Hyun-wook loves Yoo-Kyung's perfectly matched eyes.
- Cool Big Sis
- Dogged Nice Guy: Kim Sam
- Food Porn: The show is set in the kitchen of a restaurant and is about the people who cook the food. Lots of pretty food.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Hyun-Wook
- He-Man Woman Hater: Hyun-Wook is an odd example of this trope; he doesn't exactly mind women, it's women chefs that he absolutely abhors. He gets over it.
- Missing Mom: Yoo-Kyung's reason for working at that particular restaurant stems from her late mother.
- Piggyback Cute: Yoo-Kyung gets a ride from Hyun-Wook when she falls asleep at the restaurant.
- Ramen Slurp: Well, pasta, of course, but the effect is the same.
- Shirtless Scene: With the Italian boys while snowing.
- Slow Clap: Started by the kitchen assistant at the end of the Korean team's last shift.
- Supreme Chef: Both Hyun-Wook and Se-Young are examples. Yoo-Kyung aspires to be one.
- The Reveal: Hyun-Wook's mentor reveals that Hyun-Wook's ginseng pasta would have lost out to Se-Young's even if Se-Young hadn't ruined his ingredient (wine) by steaming it.
- Work Off the Debt: Yoo-Kyung uses this technique to begin working at the restaurant.