|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Sometimes you can get rare Lil' Oinks. The Golden ones drop Ultra Shrooms and Silver ones drop Jammin' Jellies.
- Seeing Dry Dry Ruins come out of the ground for the first time.
- Defeating The Master at full power in the first game. The Crowning Music of Awesome that accompanies it makes it even better.
- Everything about General Guy; he made an awesome, fun boss with great music.
- Kolorado tries to attack Lava Piranha while it's on fire.
- Helping the Sun rise in Flower Fields.
- Peach gets several throughout the game for refusing to stay locked up and trying to help Mario however she can by spying. She can even send him powerful items and badges, and the Sneaky Parasol event is pure win.
- The citizens of the Mushroom Kingdom all wishing for the Princess to be alright as you ascend to the final level. Even the one who just wants to eat Shroom Cake.
- Then there's Kammy Koopa being defeated by Twink.
- During the last chapter's first cutscene, the game hands us one. After Kammy Koopa tells Bowser that Mario has saved all of the Star Spirits, he ties up Princess Peach and decides to kill Mario himself. Twink of all people jumps in to try and save Peach by attacking the Koopatrol. Sure, it didn't work, but hey, it was awesome nonetheless.
- Peach wishing for the Star Beam to gain power after Bowser cancels it out.
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
- The Glitzville chapter. Battle tournaments, screaming fans, and a super-creepy mystery? Badass.
- The climax of Keelhaul Key. Two awesome sailing ships, one the high-tech spike covered X-Naut ship, the other a haunted pirate ship commanded by the boss you just beat, face off in the bay and launch a full-on boarding battle, culminating in a boss fight against Lord Crump and his minions in attack formations. Now that is how you finish a chapter!
- Also the launch of the Big Cannon in Chapter 7.
- Plus what's not awesome about fighting a mech in a high tech base on the moon?
- In Chapter 8 of The Thousand Year Door, Vivian tells off Beldam, who has been mistreating her all their time together, and fights her alongside Mario.
Vivian: I'm with Mario all the way! Today, Sis, I am going to punish YOU, do you hear me?
- That line was so awesome, it is this troper's favourite quote. Not just in the game. Not just in video games. It's my favourite quote in the history of the world.
- At the end of Paper Mario the Thousand Year Door, this troper was so moved and amazed when everyone around the world was rooting for Mario. They're on the edge of despair and plunged in darkness, but seeing the Crystal Star show up in their area reminds them of Mario's impact on them in his adventure, and it revitalizes their hope. It definitely reflects on the player too-- you've come so far, and seeing all these characters rooting for you and showing the progress you've made, is just amazing. It definitely counts as a Tear Jerker and a Crowning Moment of Heartwarming all at once.
Super Paper Mario
- In Chapter 7-4 of Super Paper Mario, Rebbi arrives with a brigade of Nimbis to help Mario and co. get past massive squadron of Skellobits and Skellobombers.
Rebbi: THOU ART TOAST!
- In Chapter 8-2 of Super Paper Mario, you have to fight Mimi (AGAIN) at the end, but this time you can only play as Peach. Nothing is better than kicking the most annoying boss's ass using Peach, of all characters. And to top that off, creppy but awesome music plays in the background.
- Tippi's "The Reason You Suck" Speech to Super Dimentio shortly before his death.
Tippi: Not everything is set in stone. Some things we decide for ourselves.
- This Troper loved Bowser's line even more
You believed in your prophecy, and we believed in mopping the FLOOR with you!
- Oh yeah, and Dimentio's Taking You with Me move that could only be canceled out BY MARRIAGE. I just find it cool he didn't rely on the heroes being dumb enough to do absolutely nothing, as most tend to do.