The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Basic Trope: Reporters who stoop disgustingly low in pursuit of a story.
- Straight: Heather is a self-proclaimed Intrepid Reporter who's perfectly willing to invade people's privacy to get a good story.
- Exaggerated: Heather follows her victims around, invades their privacy, and flagrantly breaks laws while trying to scrape together enough material to piece together a sleazy, slanderous smear piece.
- Justified: Nobody's willing to answer Heather's questions, so she resorts to whatever tactics necessary to get her job done.
- Inverted: Heather, an upstanding and respectful reporter, gets harassed by a self-proclaimed celebrity who thinks she should pay more attention to his greatness.
- Subverted: Heather is pleasant, polite and patient, knowing that she can earn more interviews by being respectful and honest than by trying to ambush and harass her subjects.
- Double Subverted: However, she's actually a Bitch in Sheep's Clothing who merely presents herself as respectful while secretly plotting the best way to get the worst stories possible.
- Parodied: To help her find stories, Heather becomes a ninja.
- Deconstructed: Heather started out as an Intrepid Reporter, but crossed the line so many times while Going for the Big Scoop that people became less willing to deal with her, triggering a Vicious Cycle as she's had to stoop lower and lower in order to keep her job.
- Reconstructed: Eventually, Heather's amoral tactics allow her to uncover a deep dark secret and very important story that couldn't have been exposed any other way.
- Zig Zagged: Depending on the situation, Heather can be a respectful and professional interviewer, an Intrepid Reporter exposing corruption, or a shameless Glory Hound paparazzi who thinks her past victories and major scoops somehow entitle her to bend and break the rules at will.
- Averted: Heather has the opportunity to take embarrassing photos of a celebrity, but opts not to as that would invade the celebrity's right to privacy.
- Enforced: "Media dogs like them are Acceptable Targets, so let's write somebody like that in for our heroes to humiliate! It'll be great!"
- Lampshaded: Bob, a celebrity undergoing a personal scandal, literally cannot open a door or look out a window without coming fact to face with Heather's camera and/or microphone.
- Invoked: Valeria keeps an eye out for ambitious reporters like Heather that she can point towards her enemies.
- Defied: ???
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
- Played For Laughs: Heather is a complete Butt Monkey who hounds everyone for answers to absolutely pointless/trivial questions like what they had for breakfast or their favorite numbers, and is constantly shoved around, abused or given patently absurd answers.
- Played For Drama: Heather's current target is Allison, who's desperately trying to uphold a Masquerade because The World Is Not Ready to learn the truth. Allison has to find some way to deal with her before she exposes the truth or gets killed.
Back to Paparazzi.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.