|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Panzer Front was a old PSX game released way back in 2000, It's not a particularly well known game but some of the lucky few who have played it will remember it very well. The game revolves around the Tank battles in Europe, from Kursk to the last days of Nazi Germany in 1945. And unlike most dumbed down tank games these days, most of it was depicted realistically and utilized every last ounce of power the PSX had back then to produce one of the best looking games of it's time.
As the Title suggests it's Exactly What It Says on the Tin, this was a realistic Tank Sim where you were entrusted with the role of the Vehicle's Tank Commander, that tank could be anything from a Stuart Light Tank to a Tiger II.
The game has also received a Japan-only re-release, Panzer Front bis, and a sequel for the PS2, titled Panzer Front Ausf. B.
This game has examples of..
- Artificial Stupidity: Averted, the AI knows how and when to flank you during an attack.
- BFG: now in Anti-Tank Flavor.
- Creator Provincialism: The Japanese version of the original game features the Type 90 tank instead of the M1 Abrams featured in the other versions. Also, bis featured not only Imperial Japanese tanks, but also a level set in Japan.
- Crippling Overspecialization: Averted and Subverted depending on the vehicle, Though most do have High-Explosive rounds to deal with other threats like buildings or infantry.
- Cutscene: happens everytime you hit a enemy tank if you don't disable the cutscene option.
- Did Not Do the Research: Completely and utterly averted, everything is about as realistic as it can get in that game.
- Do Not Run with a Gun: justified in that trying to hit anything with your tanks cannon bouncing around is very difficult.
- Fragile Speedster: the game's fictional T69E3 counts.
- Garrisonable Structures: though you can't occupy anything yourself, you'll be assigned to wreck those in some missions, particularly Pillboxes.
- Glass Cannon: any open-top Tank Destroyer that has a BFG mounted on the front of it counts.
- Infinity+1 Sword: or Tank in this case, of the heavier Panzers and most of the fictional ones count.
- Kill It with Fire: Although most of the time not directly, though the HEAT rounds (High Explosive Anti Tank) certainly counts as one of them.
- Lightning Bruiser: the AUREOLE has this written all over it, besides being a Jagdpanther with more armor on the front of it as well as some cool looking side-skirts, it's got JET ENGINES strapped behind it.
- More Dakka: Averted, though there are some fast-firing weapons in game, they won't be much use against the vehicles you go up against.
- No Campaign for the Wicked: Averted.
- Tank Goodness: The Game, predating World of Tanks, among others.
- Widget Series: The story mode for bis is pure and typical Japanese weirdness.