The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Basic Trope: Using metafictional devices in unconventional ways to convey specific details.
- Straight: The mischievous demon Itzazti always talks in red text.
- Exaggerated: Everyone has his own text color.
- Downplayed: Itzazti speaks in italics.
- Justified: Itzazti's voice is particularly distinctive, and red text is the best way of representing that.
- Inverted: Everyone talks in red text, while Itzazti only speaks in the 'normal' color.
- Subverted: In one scene, Itzazti speaks up... and his text is the same color as anybody else's.
- Double Subverted: ...because Itzazti wasn't the one who spoke; someone else had just cut in. When Itzazti objects to being interrupted, his text is as red as always.
- Parodied: Leslie notices Itzazti always uses non-standard font and wonders why.
- Or, he suddenly notices that he stopped using it for a while.
- Deconstructed: Itzazti disguises himself and attempts to infiltrate the hero's party, but the Medium Aware Leslie notices his brightly colored text and the jig is up almost instantly.
- Reconstructed: Itzazti tries again later. This time, his text is a significantly darker shade of red (he's making a greater effort to disguise his voice), and although it still has a visible tint of red, Leslie doesn't notice a thing.
- Zig Zagged: Depending on author's mood, Itzazti may or may not have the colorful dialog.
- Averted: Everyone's text has the same color and font when speaking.
- Enforced: "We need to make sure the viewers know Itzazi's a demon! Let's make him talk in red!"
- Lampshaded: "And what the hell is with my voice? This bright red text makes me stick out like a sore thumb!"
- Invoked: Itzazi decided he wanted to speak in red text.
- Defied: Itzazi originally spoke in Red, but then he didn't like that, so then he spoke like everyone else.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
Back to Painting the Medium. Remember to grab your brushes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.