The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Can't Unhear It: Has anyone who has seen the animated adaptation been able to play the game and not think of Marty Ingels?
- Critical Backlash: The Atari 2600 version gets this, due to the same reasons ET has.
- Even Better Sequel: While Pac Man: Championship Edition received positive reviews, Pac Man: Championship Edition DX managed to get above 90 in Metacritic.
- Ms. Pac-Man is also a huge step-up from Pac-Man, which was awesome to begin with. This is doubly true for the Atari port of Ms. Pac-Man, which fixed all the problems of the Pac-Man Porting Disaster and was a legitimately fun game.
- Fridge Horror: Apparently for some.
- It Changed Now It Sucks: Fans' reaction to the 30th anniversary redesign.
- Memetic Mutation: From the cartoon: "This is a wrench!"
- Most Wonderful Sound: The sound of scoring a power pellet in Championship Edition DX and blowing straight through a super-long chain of ghosts.
- Porting Disaster: To the Atari 2600.
- Most remakes that aren't direct ports of the arcade version tend to water down some of the subtler mechanics of the game, most notably the ghosts' AI. The difference is imperceptible to the average player, but to those who have memorized the ghosts' AI from the arcade version and based their playstyle around it, the difference can be quite jarring. It's the total aversion of this trope that makes the Google version so awesome to play.
- Viewer Gender Confusion: Is Pac-Baby a boy, or a girl? Sometimes Pac-Baby is portrayed as a girl, but other times is referred to as a baby. It could be that Junior is the Pac-Baby in certain games.
- In the cartoon, Super-Pac compliments Pac-Man on his "fine-looking son", though Pac-Baby is voiced by Russi Taylor.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.