The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
The wonderful cast of Ozy and Millie and their character tropes.
- Blue Oni: To Millie's Red.
- Butt Monkey
- Deadpan Snarker
- Happily Adopted: Knew what happened to his mom, but had no desire to search for his biological father, as he considers Llewellyn his real dad and refuses to go with him when his real dad when he actually did appear.
- Missing Mom: She achieved Nirvana after inventing the perfect flavor of ice cream, since perfection does not fit in with the grand scheme of the universe.
- Nice Hat: Is always seen with his top hat.
- Only Sane Man
- Parental Abandonment: His dad, who left him and his mom before he was born to become a monk. His mom... well see above.
- The Stoic
- Attention Deficit Ooh Shiny
- Fiery Redhead
- Fun Personified
- Generation Xerox: Her Mom was apparently exactly like her as a girl.
- Genki Girl
- Red Oni: To Ozy's Blue.
- Breakout Character: Much like Bloom County's Opus, he soon became the biggest focus of the strip outside of the kids themselves.
- Bumbling Dad: Subverted. Despite being a bit...okay; a lot strange, he's a very wise and responsible adoptive father for Ozy.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Is delightfully insane and is a massive part of his appeal.
- The Gump: Has apparently met every major president and was present at John Lennon's memorial service..
- Happily Married: To Mrs. Mudd, according to the final strip.
- Historical In-Joke: Is fond of these, given the fact he's centuries old.
- Only One Name
- Older Than They Look: A couple hundred years old.
- Relationship Upgrade: Was Mrs. Mudd's closest friend, to the point where he eventually asked her out, and ends up marrying her in the strip's final arc.
- The Wonka
- Happily Married: See above.
- Not So Above It All
- Reasonable Authority Figure
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair
- Does Not Understand Sarcasm
- Follow the Leader: Follows every trend and ad blindly, to the point it's the whole of his personality.
- Heel Realization: While not certainly a bad person, realized in his final appearances that he'd wasted his entire elementary school life trying to be cool, and that coolness is only admitting you're a loser.
- Throw the Dog a Bone: Felicia noticed him, and hinted she liked him in their final appearance.
- Ted Baxter
- Disappeared Dad: Millie's for obvious reasons
- Merlin Sickness: An odd variant that boomerangs back around Just in time for him to hang out with Millie's own kid's
- Surrounded by Idiots
- Alpha Bitch
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Probably the only literal example in all of fiction.
- Girl Posse
- Goth: Later in the strip's run. She stopped for a while after it became too hard but then picked it back up until near the end of the strip.
- Perky Goth: Was so peppy about being one that the Middle School Goths rejected her.
- Ship Tease: With Avery in her final appearance.
- Jerk Jock
- Karma Houdini: He hits Millie, stuffs Ozy and other kids in trash cans, and is generally a bully. The one time he actually pays for it is when Isolde is around to protect Ozy.
- Would Hit a Girl
- Bumbling Dad: His dad was watching a Doctor Who marathon and didn't notice Stephan was missing for a week until Stephan came back.
- The Cracker
- Future Badass: Thinks he'll be a millionaire and show everyone who mocked him.
- Hopeless Suitor: Has had crushes on Felicia, Isolde, and Stephanie. They never pan out.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.