The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Complete Monster - The Kei Pirates. They kill people without remorse and some are incredibly sadistic.
- Hazanko. Not only kills Harry MacDougal in a way that even Toonami had to not show it, he basically plays questions both Melfina and Gene about their purpose in a way that makes it out that he (Gene) was just using her and she was a just a tool to him, and finally merges with his ship once he gets all the power he needs, causing his crew to dissolve (in the original but its Lampshaded so much) and becomes an obviously Ax Crazy, Nightmare Fuel Eldritch Abomination with Omnicidal Maniac tendencies. Also he has no guilt about his men's deaths and killing everyone without remorse.
- One exception of the Kei Pirates is Shimi. Tired of living his life as a killer pirate, he spares the lives of the entire Outlaw Star crew when he's sent out to terminate them, then uses that mission to fake his death and escape his employer. WMG, he could just be a Retired Monster
- Crowning Ear Worm OfAwesome: Semenai de! Kesanai de! Makenai de! Dare datte motteru hazu yuzurenai mono!!
- Even moreso, the first closing theme is beautiful. Melfina actually sings it in a couple of the later episodes.
- Cult Classic: Despite the Sequel Hook and its lack of popularity in Japan; Outlaw Star is deemed one of Toonami's classics and one of the greatest anime in the early 21st century before you know Naruto revolutionized the subject.
- Draco in Leather Pants: You'd be surprised how many Harry fans there are out there.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Shimi is pretty popular.
- Germans Love David Hasselhoff: Barely anyone in Japan recognizes Outlaw Star these days due to its lack of success with ratings and merchandise sales. Meanwhile, it was a smash-hit in America and is regarded among Dragon Ball Z and Gundam Wing as one of the programs that defined Toonami. Moreover, the edited repeats on Adult Swim actually performed better than Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory.
- Nightmare Fuel: Harry's psychotic, possessive, and just an outright Card-Carrying Villain. He likes to demonstrate these things in ways that frighten Melfina and make the viewer cringe. especially episode 17, OH MARY MOTHER OF GOD EPISODE 17.
- Near the end of the series Hazanko's mind and body fuse with his spaceship, the result of which is creepy.
- Tear Jerker: The ending of Episode 20: Cats and Girls and Spaceships. Poor Jim and Hanmyo. That shot of the rose floating in space really brings it home.
- Too Cool to Live / Mentor Occupational Hazard: Hot Ice Hilde. She's one of the most badass characters in the series, and on the good guys side. Of course she dies four episodes in.
- Uncanny Valley: The start of the ED is very creepy because of this, with a still drawing of a girl drawn realistically, but with almost BESM proportions. And she's staring right at you.
- What Do You Mean It's Not for Kids?: The anime is based on a Seinen manga, and yet it ended up airing at a kids-friendly timeslot on Cartoon Network's Toonami block.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.