|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
The OSS Oklahoma: A state of the art medium sized vessel in Earth space fleet with a crew of ten officers on the bridge. Currently on its mission: exploring the far reaches of space and supporting the needs of and defending our outposts and bases. The Oklahoma has been voted 'most fun' in the fleet the last three years.—Commander Richard Amos, executive officer
Outer Space Astronauts is a TV series about the crew of the spaceship OSS Oklahoma and their adventures in space. The show is built on the fact that everyone is hilariously incompetent at their job as well as quite a bit crazy.
Everything is (badly) animated, except for the heads of the characters. Those are all played by actors and greenscreened onto the animated bodies. This contributes to the silly feel of the show quite well.
Outer Space Astronauts Provided Examples Of
- Aliens Speaking English: It sounds like either directly translated English or painfully forced English.
- Anachronic Order: Complete with an explanation of what a prequel is
- Anachronism Stew:Pay phones will still be a common sight well into the future apparently and that's just the start.
- Androids Are People, Too: Defied
- Boobs of Steel:Kak is possibly a literal case.
- Bare Your Midriff: The three most reoccurring ladies bare theirs.
- Carpet of Virility: Security officer
- Cuteness Proximity: Sunny, first demonstrated with a stray cuddlepuff.
- Deadpan Snarker:Brimley
- Doing It Wrong:From the opening cinematic: Efficiency test failed! Try again?
- Drunk with Power:called out by name by Amos
- Economy Cast: The state of the art OSS Oklahoma has a crew of ten.
- Face Full of Alien Wingwong
- Hopeless with Tech:Kennedy
- Humanoid Aliens
- Humans Are Warriors:Subverted, the aliens seem to be much better fighters.
- I Call It Vera: The mechanic Pinto's tools
- Jerkass:Brimely, Kennedy and Captain Ripley.
- Life Force: They have a machine that detects it, not that anyone in the crew actually knows what it is.
- Mooning: The paint job of delta gamma theta's ship includes a picture of it.
- Passed Over Promotion:Amos
- Robot Buddy: Kyle 14
- Screw the Rules, I Make Them: Part of what makes the captain(s) so sorry.
- Shaped Like Itself
- Space Is Noisy: Or as Kennedy points out, it isn't in real life.
- Spikes of Villainy:The aliens in the first episode and Kak.
- The Ditz: Half the crew!
- The Pig Pen: Pilot Johnny
- The Rival: Supposedly the OSS Texas's crew
- What Happened to the Mouse?: Played for Laughs
- Your Cheating Heart