The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Basic Trope: A character dies during or immediately after having sex with another character.
- Straight: Bob is having sex with Alice when he has a heart attack and dies.
- Exaggerated: Bob is having sex with Alice when his head explodes from how good the orgasm is.
- Justified: Bob has a heart condition and energetic sex puts it under strain.
- Alternatively: Alice is an assassin who is striking when Bob's defenses are completely down.
- Inverted: Bob will die if he doesn't have sex.
- Subverted: Bob appears to have died after having sex with Alice; in fact, he's just fallen asleep.
- Doubly Subverted: Bob and Alice have sex again, and this time Bob dies.
- Parodied: Bob dies because he was having sex with Alice in an over-the-top and ludicrously dangerous fashion.
- Deconstructed: The shock of having her partner die during sex traumatizes Alice, resulting in lots of guilt on the subject and numerous hang-ups about sex in the future.
- Reconstructed: Alice is drawn to weaker, older men, and she is aware of the risks but reasons that she might as well make their last memories pleasant ones.
- Zig Zagged: Alice has sex with Bob, and he dies from it. She continues the sex, and he is resurrected. The next day, they have sex, and he dies again. She continues the sex, and he is not resurrected, leaving her traumatized. However, she discovers weeks later that she is pregnant. She carries the fetus to term, and names him Bobby. Believing Bobby has inherited Bob's curse, Alice becomes an overprotective parent and does not allow him to have sex. Bobby then proceeds to rebel at the age of 14, and has sex with Pam, the slutty older girl next door. He appears to have died, and Alice assumes this to be the case, so Bobby really freaks everybody out when he awakens from his coma at the funeral. He then proceeds to lead a relatively normal life, marred only by the death of his mother, of an STD she got from Bob's brother Darren. At age 23, he meets a nice girl named Jenny, and they eventually marry. Driving back from their passionate honeymoon, they accidentally drive off a cliff.
- Averted: No one dies when Alice and Bob have sex.
- Enforced: "The Moral Guardians want us to send the message that sex is dangerous, because otherwise viewers might believe it is pleasant and reasonably safe to do."
- Lampshaded: "I guess he came... and went." "YYYEEEAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!"
- Invoked: Alice is aware that sex will result in Bob's death and thus actively seduces him with that in mind.
- Defied: Bob is aware that sex will kill him and thus remains celibate.
- Discussed: "Did you know that Bob died while he was having sex with Alice? Lucky bastard."
- Conversed: "Oh.... you wait, these steamy sex scenes never end well.."
- Played For Drama: Alice is put on trial under suspicion of having deliberately attempted to murder Bob through sex.
- Alice is a prostitute who must now deal with a dead client.
Back to Out with a Bang
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.