The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Crowning Moment of Funny: The lengths to which Sousuke is willing to go to to make Higansou a second Maison Ikkoku.
- Crowning Moment of Heartwarming: Kouta's expression of relief when he's reunited with Kanau at the convention.
- When Kanau pulls Kouta out of a potentially months-long Heroic BSOD after only a few days, by reminding him that she's there.
- The scene where Kanau confesses that she always wanted grandparents. However, she wanted a father even more so she's happy now too.
- When Haruka cuts off her Peek-a-Bangs, signifying that she'll be her own person, rather than trying to copy her older sister.
- Fan Dumb: Concerning the Wham! Episode, the consensual marriage between a 18 year-old girl and a 20 years older man is what creeps people out and makes them abandon the series while since the beginning of the series there has been a OPENLY PEDOPHILIC MAN used as the comic relief guy, huh.
- Not to mention the yaoi-references. Man, I love hypocrisy.
- That 18 year old was raised as that man's "daughter".
- Tear Jerker: Chapter 39.
- The Scrappy: Several of the main character are this after their respective Wham! Episode.
- First, we have Sousuke Sensei who raise Taeko like his daughter and married her. Taeko also end up one as well after The Reveal.
- Nicchi, who came across comic relief guy straight to Jerkass when he helping Nozomi kidnap Kanau from Kouta and for being overall irresponsible jerk for everybody feeling. It doesn't help that he is also a Karma Houdini when everyone don't call on him from the above action
- Nicchi's complicated. Immediately afterward he comes right back to Higansou, apologizes (though rather insincerely), gets punched in the face by everyone else present for his Jerkass moment, and then turns around to now help Kouta find Kanau. It's more like Nicchi feels a strong sense of obligation to those around him yet isn't willing to butt in until someone else asks for his help, but when he is asked he'll go to great lengths if required. A sort of "Friends help you move, best friends help you move bodies," sort of thing. Nozomi just asked for his help first.
- Lastly for now, we have Nozomi who kidnaps Kanau and her brother from their fathers without considering their feeling into account. Worst yet, she never loved Kouta from the beginning and used him to make Nicchi jealous(which backfired gloriously). She also did something similar to her soon-to-be husband as well. It doesn't help that she takes Kanau and tells the truth to Kouta in jerkiest way possible.
- Values Dissonance:
- The amount of sibling rivalry and parental favoritism that goes on without even a mention sometimes weirds out readers from different cultures.
- Also, people from more individualistic cultures like America might have a hard time understanding why Kouta should have to give up on his crush just so Kanau can have her estranged parents back together. Of course, the Wham! Episode makes the whole thing moot anyway.
- The aforementioned openly pedophilic man used as a comic relief is something you'd never get away with in most of the western world where pedophiles are consistently portrayed as Complete Monsters.
- The Woobie: The Nagato Family. they are The Faceless who just want to be noticed by the rest of Higansou. Kind of hard not to feel sorry for Them.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.