|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
For her, this food is Orgasmically Delicious.
If watching Alice eat said food is Fetish Fuel, then it overlaps with Erotic Eating. If this food actually boosts the character's performance, then it overlaps with Power-Up Food. If it has this effect on everybody, a Supreme Chef probably prepared it. If Bob really likes Alice, he may give her some in hopes that she will return his affection.
Can also apply to drinks.
Anime and Manga
- Half of Yakitate!! Japan's comedy comes from Azuma's new bread inventions and the completely insane ways that the rest of the cast reacts to tasting it.
- Kurosaki gets orgasmic when eating McDonalds food in Kemeko Deluxe
- In the Oh My Goddess! manga, Aoshima loves a good bento way too much. It doesn't help matters for Keiichi that Belldandy (whom Aoshima is always trying to hit on) is a great chef, and for Sora (who has a crush on Aoshima) that she's an awful chef.
- Burn Up Excess opens with a scene like this - we're meant to believe that Rio is engaging in some sort of sexual activity, considering the noises she's making, but then the camera pans out to reveal that she's just really enjoying her ramen.
- Sonny the Cuckoo does this every time he gets "cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs."
- A PG Tips Tea ad in which Monkey's attempt to describe "The Taste" quickly turns into a parody of That Scene from When Harry Met Sally.
- The reformulated Clairol Herbal Essences had endless examples of this.
- Ladies in Dannon yogurt commercials often look like they are having orgasms.
- As do the ladies in the 2010-11 York peppermint patty commercials.
- In The Matrix Reloaded, The Merovingian literally gives a woman an orgasm by sending her a slice of cake that has had its code altered.
- District 9's Prawns love catfood.
- God of Cookery:
- In Beerfest, this is the reaction to the first batch of Schnitzengiggle beer.
- In Ratatouille, Remy's eponymous dish is so delicious that it triggers Anton Ego's childhood memory of his mother serving him the same meal. He becomes a friend and ally of both Remy and Linguini from that moment.
- The Hitchhikers Guide to The Galaxy's Arthur Dent really likes a good cup of tea.
- Discworld: Rincewind and potatoes. After spending some time on a desert island he got his appetites a bit mixed up, so that when a trio of breathtaking Amazons showed up looking for a man to help continue their tribe, his response was "can I get them mashed?" A footnote explains that after he returned to civilization, Rincewind's therapy involved a beautiful woman, a plate of spuds, and a board with a nail in it.
- In Stephen King's novel Cujo, when a character in a commercial bites into a cookie "his expression suggests that he is experiencing the gastronomic equivalent of a boy's first orgasm."
- Tairen Soul: The stimulant keflee has this effect on Ellysetta and Queen Annoura, especially when combined with pinelle. Taken Up to Eleven in one occasion when Ellysetta's latent magic is triggered by a particularly strong dose, and everyone in the room is forced to feel exactly what she is feeling.
- In Space Beasts, Author Avatar Marzipan Cheshire gets extremely excited while eating a hamburger. Guess what the Author's Trademark Favorite Food is.
- In Firefly, Kaylee seems to really like that strawberry. She also fights really hard against River for a certain apple. Justified in that fresh fruit is really rare in that world.
- Star Trek: The Next Generation's Troi and chocolate.
- Star Trek: Voyager's Janeway and coffee?
- Also, The Doctor (when Sharing a Body with Seven) and cheesecake.
- Joey of Friends got this way about a specific meatball sandwich he rarely got to eat, and Ross also got this way regarding the post-Thanksgiving turkey-sandwiches his sister would make him.
- Thirty Rock 30 Rock had the sandwiches that the Teamsters brought in only once a year.
- Red Dwarf's Lister's relationship with curry is intense enough to qualify.
- Cookie Monster from Sesame Street:
Cookie Monster: Om nom nom!
- Food Network: The hosts tend to treat their creations this way.
- There was an episode of How I Met Your Mother revolving around finding a shop that sold hamburgers which provoked this reaction.
Barney: That was so good I want to sew my ass shut.
- Fridays: A sketch had cavemen (and cavewomen) having orgasms because of a batch of freshly baked muffins.
- Seinfeld: George tries food to his love life. While he initially has success with strawberries and chocolate sauce, his girlfriend balks at a pastrami sandwich on rye with mustard. George surreptitiously does this anyway, but later gets caught trying to also watch TV while being intimate and she breaks up with him. Later at the coffee shop, George discovers that by trying to combine food and sex, his sense of hunger and his sexual urges have merged into one "disgusting, uncontrollable urge."
George: Gee, you're right...you gonna eat that?
- In The Order of the Stick, Durkon's connoisseurship of beer rises to a level akin to matrimony.
- Tang (of Tang's Weekly Comic) uses this as a gag to illustrate how you get across abstract concepts like deliciousness in a drawn medium--the character takes a bite out of a cake, and then proceeds to get a little too excited about it.
- In Muertitos, Jesus really loves those donuts - rather embarrassingly to the protestors who had just been preaching about desserts being sinful. A few pages later, Kaori gets familiar with cake.
- Phase in the Whateley Universe routinely gets teased by his friends for his 'foodgasms'. (The background being a little deal he has with the school chefs; they get a rare opportunity to really show off what they can do and the benefits of being on the good side of one of the richest kids at school and he doesn't have to ruin his refined palate by settling for the standard cafeteria stuff.) Even those friends, though, have to admit that his 'special' treats are frequently just that good.
- The SCP Foundation takes this literally with orgasm muffins
- Serena from Sailor Moon Abridged once orgasmed while eating creme-filled donuts. She might have also had a smaller one while licking an ice cream cone.
- The Simpsons' Homer seems to quite enjoy donuts.
- There's a Hanna-Barbera dog called Snooper who gets orgasmically happy when fed dog biscuits. To the point of floating up in the air, wafting to the ground, and sighing, "Aaahh."
- From Family Guy:
Chris: (holding a box of Fig Newtons) Hey dude, you want some of these?.
- Also, the episode where Stewie got hooked on pancakes.
Stewie: What's this? Blueberries! Oh, oh my G ... oh, that's better than sex!
- The Powerpuff Girls' first taste of hard candy causes them to "oh" and "ah" in a slightly sensual manner, then float in the air while giggling, then float back to the ground with their eyes half closed. If that doesn't sound orgasmic enough, Bubbles ends the sensation with, "that...was...amazing."
- A Pup Named Scooby Doo : Happened whenever Scooby and/or Shaggy ate a Scooby Snack. The snacks were so good, they'd make the duo weak at the knees and instantly faint into bliss.
- Disgaea Infinite: When Laharl gets his hands on Super Rare Pudding in , he expresses its deliciousness with extreme delight and even has a hallucination of himself walking on a road of puddings in space! He had been starving himself all day long to fully enjoy the pudding.
Laharl: Mmhh, mmhh, mmhh, it's super delicious. This. Is. Sooooo. Goooooood.
Valvatorez: What a splendid taste... The extract of life overflows and fills my body... I can feel it's power. Ah, the waves of ecstasy... How magical... are these insignificant creatures known as sardines!