|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
Oreshura, short for Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru, is a 2011 light novel series.
Eita Kidou is a young boy that really hates the concept of "romance". The reason because of that? His parents abandoned him in the search of "true love", that apparently didn't exist between each other. With this fact on his mind, Eita rejects any confession, and concentrates on studying so one day he can enter medical school. He keeps that "anti-romance" opinion to himself though, preferring to only comes up with dodgy answers when any question related to romance comes to him.
That doesn't prevent him of having as best friend a girl, Chiwa Harasuki, a tomboyish, energetic girl.
One day, however, a girl called Natsukawa, envied and/or loved by several students of Kidou's school, asks him out, shocking everyone, even Kidou himself. But, as it turns out, Natsukawa don't wants a "true" romance, but a false boyfriend so boys stop trying to confess to her. And she chose Kidou exactly because she knows he isn't interested in romance and therefore he can't cheat on her and possibly ruin her plan.
But Chiwa secretly loves Kidou, and soon a "battle" initiates, between Kidou's childhood friend and "girlfriend".
Written by Yūji Yūji. Art by Ruroo. Published by SoftBank Creative.
- Going Commando: Masuzu apparently wears no panties under her skirt.
- Mistaken for Gay: Masuzu thought Eita was this at first.
- Oblivious to Love: Eita's classmate Asoi Kaoru reveals to him that Chiwa rejected a confession one time(the only time it seems to have it happened in her life) and asks our hero why she could possibly have done it. Eita only says he has no idea.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Eita is a calm, collected, mature, rational, to the point of he seems dissimulated; Chiwa is frenetic, disorganized, childish, acts before thinking, to the point she looks really silly or outright crazy.
- Tomboy: Chiwa loves to play with boys, acts in a way it seems a little brute of what's expected of a girl and don't knows how to cook.
- What Is This Thing You Call Love?: Both Masuzu and Eita have an idea of love as shallow and meaningless, despite clearly having never experienced it.
- Your Cheating Heart: Masuzu works to openly avert this by choosing as "boyfriend" a individual that has no interest into women. That guy is Eita.