|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
One For The Money is a 2012 comedy film starring Katherine Heigl, based upon the book by the same name by Janet Evanovich.
Heigl plays Stephanie Plum, a born-and-bred Joisey girl who finds herself in financial straits after being fired from her job as manager of the lingerie department at Macy's. After being turned down for a variety of demeaning jobs, she blackmails her cousin Vinnie, a bail-bondsman, into letting her recover some of his bail-jumpers for him.
Taking in small-time quarries for the money, Plum has her sights set on the $50,000 bounty for the capture of her ex-boyfriend, vice cop and murder suspect Joe Morelli. As she gathers evidence to track Morelli, she suspects he may not actually be guilty.
One For The Money provides examples of:
- Backhanded Compliment: Stephanie seems to be a magnet for them.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: Between Stephanie and Morelli.
- Big Eater: Stephanie manages to stay thin and toned despite eating nothing but bad carbs and fat.
- Bounty Hunter: A career path Stephanie takes up out of desperation, and isn't very good at. She gets better.
- California Doubling: The movie takes place in Trenton, New Jersey, but was filmed in Pittsburgh.
- The Casanova: Half the women in Jersey "sold [Morelli] a cannoli".
- Fan Service: Katherine Heigl in the shower, and later stripped down to her bra so Morelli can attach a wire.
- Hopeless Suitor: Bernie Kuntz.
- Kissing Cousins: Stephanie blackmailed her cousin Vinnie into giving her the job because he tried to make out with her at her wedding.
- One-Scene Wonder: Fisher Stevens as Morty Beyers, the equally-pathetic bounty hunter Stephanie is filling for. He gets blown up at the end of the scene.
- Naked People Are Funny: One of Stephanie's quarries is her elderly neighbor who refuses to wear clothes...ever.
- Shower of Awkward: When Morelli barges in on Stephanie in the shower. And later, when Ranger comes to unlock the handcuffs tethering her to the curtain rod.
- Supreme Chef: Morelli, who whips up an amazing omelet using only the leftovers in Stephanie's fridge.
- Took a Level In Badass: Stephanie isn't very impressive at the end of the movie, but is leaps and bounds ahead of where she started.
- Unsympathetic Comedy Protagonist: Stephanie, at least at first.