|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Basic Trope: A weapon or move in a video game instantly kills another character in one shot
- Straight: The Player Character has a fire spell that spews instant death
- Exaggerated: The same fire spell can continue through its original target, hitting Mook after Mook
- Justified: The fire spell actually conjures a ludicrisly large ball of fire that would indeed reduce any organic matter to ashes
- Inverted: The fire spell is used on a fire-type enemy...who is healed by it.
- Subverted: The fire spell causes instant death to minor Mooks, but not the Big Bad.
- The fire spell always depletes the opponent's energy to just one point.
- Double Subverted: ...unless you hit him just right
- After the HP to One fire spell, the opponent is hit by any next attack.
- Parodied: The PC summons up a ludicrously small fireball (e.g. strikes a match) which nonetheless reduces the Mooks to ashes in spectacular fashion.
- Deconstructed: Using a fire spell of this magnitude costs the Player Character dearly in either stamina or mana and they must rest for quite a while before using it again
- The fire spell is so broken that the game isn't fun.
- Reconstructed: ...but with training, they can almost negate the drawbacks entirely
- The fun of the game is in being a broken Badass who mows down mooks like a harvester through a wheatfield.
- Zig Zagged: The fireball kills some Mooks in one cast and not others.
- Averted: None of the spells in the game are One-Hit Kill.
- Enforced: The spell in question is a key piece of the plot.
- Lampshaded: "Taste instant death!"
- Invoked: A Player Character must train their fire spell for hours before making its effectiveness reach the level of One-Hit Kill.
- Defied: No matter how much the Player Character trains, the fire spell will never perform a One-Hit Kill.
- Discussed: "Dude, I just got the highest rank on my fireball spell!"
- Conversed: "Wow, how did you just kill a 100-foot giant with a basketball-sized fireball?"
Back to One-Hit Kill
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.