|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
A character rates something on a scale from one to ten, often for comedic effect.
The results split into two types:
Type B: Not even a number, or left unanswered for rhetorical reasons.
Iago (as Jafar): No, really. On a scale of one to ten, you are an eleven.
"How drunk is he on a scale of one to ten?"
- The title of 10 is based on this trope. Bo Derek is a "10" on a scale of one to ten.
- Sarah Silverman once opened the MTV Movie Awards with a crack at 300.
"It's named after the rating for how gay it was on a scale of one to ten."
Milton: Well, on a scale of one to ten, ten being the most depraved act of sexual theater known to man and one being the usual Friday night run-through at the Lomax household, I'd say, not to be immodest, Mary Ann and I got it on to about... seven.
Chandler: Yes, on a scale from one to ten, ten being the dumbest a person can look, you are definitely nineteen.
"Mr. Garibaldi, on a scale of one to ten... just how stupid do you think I am?"
- Usher's "Yeah" included the lyric:
"Cause on a one-to-ten she's a certified twenty"
- Things Mr. Welch Is No Longer Allowed to Do In An RPG remind us to always take a closer look at the scale itself:
"589. If my gun on a scale of 1-10 is a 7, it's vetoed if that's the Richter scale."
- Xkcd gives us this.
- In Exterminatus Now, Harold gives his invaluable strategical analysis.
- In this strip from El Goonish Shive, when Jerry hears discussion of teenagers experimenting with magical technology for fun:
Jerry: I don't have enough information to conclude how concerned I should be. One to ten it for me.
Susan: Three. Her boyfriend knows what he's doing in his lab, and his dad's the former head of the local paranormal division of the government.
- In one episode of The Simpsons, Marge gets her bag stolen and refuses to leave her home. The family escort her outside, while she tells how much fear she feels, and after Homer angers a swarm of bees, she starts going going above ten.
- In Muppet Babies, when Kermit is selling a song to Piggy, who is playing a country singer.
"I don't know quite how to tell you this, Kermit, but on a scale of one to ten, that song was... minus twelve! It's horrible!!"
Examples of type B:
- Just before the Siege of Asgard:
"How'd it go?"
"On a scale of one to ten? It sucked."
"On a scale from one to bad, this is pretty fucked up."
"On a Scale From One To Ten, how fired am I?" 
- Schlock Mercenary brings us this:
Kevyn: Well, on a scale of "that's not free checking" to "heat death of the universe," I'd say we're looking at "the enemy has a super-weapon we can't track."
"On a scale from one to fucked, how much trouble am I in?"
"Um... a handjob, I guess. I'm not sure I understand the scale."
"No, you got it."
- Johnny Bravo gets scaled on how he does at picking up girls, rated by Luke Perry no less.
Luke Perry: Well Johnny, on a scale of one to ten... you're an idiot.
- ↑ Not fired, actually.