|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Old Man Logan Is a seven chapter story set in an Alternate Universe/Bad Future where the villains of the Marvel Universe took over the United States and divided it up into territories. A now pacifist Logan lives with his new family in "Hulkland" (formerly, The Abomination's Territory, formerly California) where the inbred children of a Face Heel Turn Hulk are the lords of the land. Logan is short on the rent, and must team up with a now blind Hawkeye to deliver a mysterious cargo in order to help keep his Landlords from killing him and his family.
- Ax Crazy: The Hulk Gang, most notably Luke.
- Bad Future: Like you wouldn't believe. Nearly all of the superheroes are dead, and the villains rule America.
- Badass Grandpa
- Badass Longcoat: Wolverine wears one for only one panel, but it's one badass panel.
- Bar Brawl: Averted by Logan, who is in no mood to deal with the idiots trying to pick a fight.
Bar Jerk "Well excuse us ladies. I didn't realize tonight was..." *tackled by Logan*
Logan "Go ahead bub. Just try to make a joke!"
- Bittersweet Ending
- Blind Weaponmaster: You would think that Hawkeye being blind now would effect his ability to shoot arrows. You'd be wrong.
Hawkeye "That's right, bitches. Just keep making noises!"
- Bloody Murder: Really a hell of a lot.
- Break Out the Museum Piece
- Broken Hero: The reason Logan hasn't popped his claws in fifty years? "They broke me, Bub" They really really did.
- Cannibal Clan: You'll notice the Hulk Gang's food of choice is human limbs.
- Car Fu: "It's the Spider-Buggy, dude. She can take her share of knocks"
- Chekhov's Exhibit: Wolverine and the Red Skull fight in a trophy room full of trophies taken from dead superheroes. The latter wields Black Knight's sword, while Wolverine uses Captain America's shield and pieces of Iron Man's armour.
- Coat, Hat, Mask: Without the hat. The Red Skull now always wears Captain America's mask, often combined with his Badass Longcoat.
- Cool Old Guy: It's not called Old Man Logan for nothin'.
- Corrupt Hick: The Hulk Gang counts as this very much, even though they are located in California. The Hulk himself is the corrupt hick leading them and in charge of a territory called Hulkland. They are violent and quite murderous, considering how they murdered Logan's family and left the bodies unburied while he was busy trying to pay off a debt he owed them. Why? Because they got bored. They are a family of cannibals. Oh, and they are also inbred, because Hulk raped his own cousin Jennifer more than once to form the Hulk Gang!
- Crapsack World: Brought to you by President Skull!
- Creepy Child: Dwight
- Day of the Jackboot: The Red Skull has turned his section of the former U.S. (the east coast) into this, with a dash of Big Brother Is Watching for good measure.
- Death by Cameo: Punisher and Daredevil
- Dug Too Deep: Moloids have become a not uncommon problem, as the subterranean dwellers have started digging up to the surface in order to get away from the things they awoke when they invoked this trope. Presumably, some heroes (probably the Fantastic Four) would have gone on an adventure to the Inner Earth and solved the problem for the Moloids when it started, but they were all, you know, dead...
- Enfant Terrible: Dwight, who uses the Ant-Man helmet to extort a fare for crossing a bridge. Anyone who doesn't pay gets devoured by ants.
- Evil Old Folks: Bruce Banner, Red Skull, Dr Doom and really any of the original supervillains who are still ruling.
- Evil Power Vacuum: It's safe to assume a lot of this goes on. After all, there's a different Kingpin now who apparently didn't have much trouble killing Magneto.
- Bitch got old.
- Face Heel Turn: Ashley, Hawkeye's daughter, Bruce Banner.
- Fate Worse Than Death: What the villains did to Wolverine on the day they took over.
- Glory Days: Pretty much all the remaining heroes can do to cope is to reminisce
- Handicapped Badass
- Heroes Want Redheads: Even in the future, this is still Logan's preference, as evident by his wife.
- Incest Is Relative: The Hulk Gang's descended from Bruce and She-Hulk
- Indulgent Fantasy Segue: Logan has some uncharitable thoughts about the Hulk Gang.
- I Did What I Had to Do: Emma Frost's reason for marrying her husband, Doctor Doom.
- Killed Off for Real: Before the story starts nearly all of the heroes , including all of the X-Men, and several villains including the original Kingpin, Magneto, the Abomination and Loki.
- In story, Red Skull, Hawkeye, Punisher, Daredevil, Bruce Banner, Logan's family and most of the Hulk Gang.
- Lamarck Was Right
- Let's Get Dangerous: Logan was really trying to hold back his Berserker Rage for most of the arc since it led to his greatest failure...then they killed his family. The remainder of the comic goes to show why you shouldn't piss off Wolverine.
- Master of Illusion: Mysterio (duh) plays an important role in the story. Also Emma Frost looks good for her age.
Logan "I don't get it, how come you're still so young?"
Emma "I'm the most powerful psychic in the world, Logan. Even this place isn't as pretty as it looks."
- Meaningful Name: The area known as 'Pym Falls.' Also Logan's son Scotty.
- Likewise, one guess as to what is at Hammer Falls
- No Doubt the Years Have Changed Me: Most of the remaining super heroes of the old days aren't what they used to be, and neither are some of the villains.
- Not So Harmless: Who was the one who broke Logan and effectively destroyed the X-Men? Fucking Mysterio
- Old Superhero: Wolverine, Hawkeye.
- President Evil: The Red Skull
- The Quiet One: Black Bolt, for obvious reasons.
- Retired Badass
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: After the Hulks kill Logan's family, for fun you could expect this to be the only outcome.
- Stronger with Age: Bruce Banner can now wield some of the Hulk's strength without transforming. The Hulk seems to have weakened a bit though.
- Superpowerful Genetics: The Hulk gang all have weakened versions of Bruce's powers. Spider-Man's granddaughter has also at least inherited some Super Strength.
- Super Serum: Hawkeye's package.
- Trophy Room: The President's Office is adorned with items taken from fallen super heroes (Captain America's shield, Iron Man's armor, Spider-Man's mask, etc.)
- Tyrannosaurus Rex: The Venom symbiote found a new host.
- X Meets Y: Wanted meets Unforgiven.