|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
What What a Cartoon Show was to Cartoon Network, Oh Yeah! Cartoons was to Nickelodeon. It was a showcase of cartoons from multiple fresh and up and coming animators at the time. Several of these animators got their big break here thanks to Fred Seibert, founder of Frederator Studios and creator and producer of Oh Yeah Cartoons, What A Cartoon, and the briefly produced Random Cartoons on Nicktoons Network. Of the shorts that appeared on the show only three were made into series by Nickelodeon; Butch Hartman, with his The Fairly Odd Parents, Rob Renzetti with My Life as a Teenage Robot, and Bill Burnett and Larry Huber, with Chalk Zone.
A few other noteworthy animators who came out of this and were picked up by Nickelodeon and other companies fairly quickly after Oh Yeah! Include Seth MacFarlane of Family Guy, and Dave Wasson of Time Squad and Carlos Ramos of The Xs. Also worthy of mention are Mike Bell, Alex Kirwan, Tim Biskup, Pat Ventura, Steve Marmel, Zac Moncrief, and Vincent Waller; These men are just some of the incredible talent in the animation industry that helped in the creation, writing, and directing of several highly creative, and influential animated series in the recent years since 1998.
Tropes applying to Oh Yeah! Cartoons include:
- Badass Santa: Super Santa
- Donut Mess with a Cop: "A Cop and his Donut"
- Dueling Shows: With Ka Blam!! and What a Cartoon Show.
- Fractured Fairy Tale: "Tales From The Goose Lady."
- Kid with the Leash: Mina and the Count.
- Mrs. Claus: Is also an Action Girl in Super Santa.
- Public Domain Soundtrack: Some of the music used in "Jamal the Funny Frog" was from the classical era.
- Punctuated for Emphasis: OH! YEAH! CARTOONS!
- The Renaissance Age of Animation