|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Of Blood and Honor is a short story by Chris Metzen, set in the Warcraft Expanded Universe. It is an e-book. The story is set sometimes after Lord of the Clans, but before Warcraft III. It tells of Tirion's meeting with Eitrigg, an orc, which forces him to rethink his fundamental beliefs and decide exactly who is the monster.
- Continuity Cameo: Arthas, Antonidas, and Thrall all show up. Each have less than five lines of speech.
- Magic Knight: All paladins are healer/warriors.
- Meaningful Echo: Near the beginning of the story, we see Tirion becoming a paladin. At the end, Taelan, Tirion's son, becomes a paladin, taking the same oath.
- Our Orcs Are Different: Eitrigg is an honorable orc who doesn't want to fight humans much.
- To Be Lawful or Good: Tirion is faced with this decision. He chooses to be good, which leads to:
- What the Hell, Hero?: Every single human character's reaction when he tries to save Eitrigg's life. Subverted as, by the time he pulls this, the reader is aware of the fact that what he's doing is the right thing.