|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Will, Samael, and Cricket are a bunch of lazy kids who have just gotten out of college. They have no talents. They have no money. And their last job was absolutely horrible.
Luckily, they are able to get a job at a local odd-jobs company called 'Jobbers'. The job pays well, and the work seems easy enough. With just enough money to live in a crappy apartment together, these three friends will have to work hard so they'll be able to slack off and watch TV later.
Also, there are robots and demons and stuff. But seriously; work.
So far, there are four scripts. The series isn't updated on any schedule, but updates are fairly constant.
Odd-Jobbers provides examples of:
- Aerith and Bob: SAMAEL! CRICKET!... Will.
- Awesome McCoolname: In The Panzers! it's revealed that Samael's full name is Samael Morningstar.
- Bad Boss: Carl was one of these. It's the reason the Trio quit working for him. He keeps one of his employees chained up.
- Buffy-Speak: Will describes the portal that abducted Cricket as a "whirlpool-thingy".
- Chainsaw Good: In Return of the Guy, Roger wields a pair of chainsaws. Flaming Chainsaws.
- Closer to Earth: Will is much more responsible and mature than his friends. Not that that's saying much.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Cricket, in spades.
- Samael is starting to show signs of this as well.
- Companion Cube: The Sanjaya 5000, a keytar that Samael bought from a thrift shop on Mars.
- Cool and Unusual Punishment: The punishment for intruding on Belial's realm? Being used as furniture.
- Cool Car: Banjo's van is treated as one of these in-universe. It can even turn into a giant robot.
- The Ditz: Digit. Cricket, too, to a milder extent.
- Dumb Muscle: According to Carl, Botch is an example of this. He certainly doesn't show a lot of brains in the brief time we see him.
- Floating Advice Reminder: Samael gets two of these in The Panzers! when he is about to make a decision involving Banjo's van. The first one is remembering the threat that Banjo made earlier. The second one is of a fireman telling him to give the van a cool paint-job.
- Gilligan Cut: Samael tries to make one of these happen.
Samael: Let's just... try and get there before all of the easy jobs are taken.
[Cut to them in Banjo's office]
Samael: "What do you mean 'all of the easy jobs are taken?'
Banjo: "I didn't say that. You just walked into my office a second ago."
- Hell Gate: Cricket and Will find one in Squids Can Be Dangerous. It leads to the Netherworld and sucks Cricket in when he touches it.
- I Call It Vera: Carl has a baseball bat wrapped in barbed-wire called 'the Faith-Breaker'.
- Jerkass: According to Will, Samael can't help being one of these.
- Klingon Promotion: How somebody becomes king of the Netherworld.
- No Indoor Voice: The Amazing Tag until it's revealed he's just a guy in a robot costume.
- No Waterproofing in the Future: The Amazing Tag is defeated by a spray-bottle. Which is odd, considering he wasn't actually a robot. Then again, Roger did make the the Stink Murderer sound rather dangerous.
- Orphaned Punchline: Manfred and Harry get one of these in The Hammer of the Punks. It apparently involves frogs taking over the world.
- Power Trio: Since there are three main characters, this is a given.
- Will: The reasonable one. The more grown-up of the three. (Superego)
- Cricket: The least intelligent; tends to just follow the others' leads. (Ego)
- Samael: Lazy, egotistic, and more interested in seeming cool than actually working. (Id)
- Punch Clock Villain: The only reason Carl doesn't kill the Trio is because it was closing time.
- Purple Prose: The Fifth of March speaks like this, all while drinking glass after glass of lemonade.
- Ridiculously Human Robot: The Amazing Tag turns out to not be one of these. He was just wearing a costume.
- Spell My Name with a "The": The Amazing Tag.
- Also, the Sanjaya 5000.
- The Nicknamer: Harry the landlord prefers to just give people insulting nicknames than actually call them by their actual names.
- The Alleged Car: Banjo's van seems to be one of these. Samael still thinks it's pretty sweet.
- Transforming Mecha: Banjo's van, for some reason.
- You Are Number Six: The Fifth of March.
- Word Salad Title: So far, every script has a title that has absolutely nothing to do with the plot.