The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Amazing Technicolor Population: Some characters can have strange colored skin, but due to customization, you can choose whatever skin color you want your player character to have. Even green.
- An Axe to Grind: One of the weapons available for warriors. There are also the Ogre Axes used by Ogresses, which are do more damage, but are very flimsy.
- Apathetic Citizens: Destroy their stuff, steal from their homes, and town citizens do nothing.
- Bubblegloop Swamp: The Dismal Swamp and to a lesser extent the swamp outside Grok Torr.
- Chain Lightning: A Wizard class staple. As long as the user stands still after the (short) casting period, mana will flow into electric damage points at a 1:1 ratio. Cheaper than any other spell for clearing Goddamned Bats.
- Chest Monster: The Mimics.
- Cosmic Keystone: The Staff of Oblivion (possibly a Game Breaker, as once you get it, it's usually not necessary to use any other, breakable weapon).
- Death Ray: Death Ray and Force of Nature, two very powerful spells. Also, the Staff of Oblivion.
- Dismantled MacGuffin: The Staff of Oblivion is split in four parts: the Halberd of Horrendous, the Heart of Nox, the Weirdling Beast, and the Orb.
- Dronejam: Averted, since one of the main selling points of the game was the ability to push things.
- Eleventh-Hour Superpower: The Staff of Oblivion, natch. An unusual example in that, while it handily vacuums up any regular enemies or even minibosses that come at you, if you rely solely on it during the final boss fight you will still get curbstomped. To beat the final boss you actually need to use a combination of the Staff and your built-up spells/skill powers.
- Energy Ball: The Force of Nature spell.
- Evil Sorceress: Hecubah.
- Fireballs: Many. High-power projectile used mostly by Wizard characters, and by the very occasional mook.
- Fuuma Shuriken: These are used by warriors and, oddly enough, Ogre Lords.
- Gotta Catch Them All: The pieces of the Staff of Oblivion.
- Hey, It's That Voice!
- Hitbox Dissonance: Wolfs and Bears can be hard to hit with a ranged weapon.
- Ink Suit Actor: Sorta. If you beat the game as a Wizard, Hecubah with her Necromancer traits purged becomes a redhead, just like her voice actor Joanna Cassidy.
- Karmic Death: Hecubah is defeated by the man she accidentally summoned along with the Orb. But it's not necessarily death depending on which class Jack chooses.
- Kleptomaniac Hero: Lampshaded once, played straight the rest of the game.
- Multiple Endings: Uniquely, the ending you receive is determined the moment you choose your class at the beginning of the game. They are still worth playing for, though... The Warrior gets the Normal End (Jack kills Hecubah and returns home), the Wizard, the Good End (Jack "purifies" Hecubah and makes her his girlfriend), and the Conjurer, what may be perceived as a Bad End, since he kills Hecubah but it doesn't bring him back to Earth.
- Mushroom Samba: You can use mushrooms as a substitute for an antidote potion, but eating them dazes you for a few seconds.
- My Suit Is Also Super: Subverted, as your armor and weapons can get damaged and destroyed.
- Non-Indicative Name: Lord Horrendous sounds like a really good name for a villain. It isn't this time, though.
- Unless you're a wizard. He won't even care that you're the apprentice of his old friend.
- Our Ogres Are Different: We have Ogre women who wield giant axes and Ogre chieftains who throw shurikens.
- Sucking-In Lines: Some spells do this while powering up, such as Force of Nature.
- Summon Everyman Hero: Subverted, as it is the villainess who accidentally summons The Hero, eventually leading to her Karmic Death. Again, it's not always death depending on the character class picked.
- Trapped in Another World: Jack is, and he only (surely) returns home in the warrior ending.
- Welcome to Corneria: Townspeople have only a few lines they can say.
- You Will Not Evade Me: As a Warrior, Jack will get the opportunity to play Scorpion with the Harpoon.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.