|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Jokes about boogers and/or snot. Used often for the sake of grossout and/or immaturity. 'Snot that hard to write a joke about all things mucus-related, so you shouldn't have to dig that deep to pick out a good example of this joke. See also Toilet Humor, Snot Bubble.
Anime & Manga
- Gintama has everything from a nosepicking protagonist to an entire episode centered on the snot dangling from Kondo's nose.
- Panty and Stocking With Garterbelt had a Snot based Monster of the Week. That's par for the course of this show.
- Many characters in One Piece frequently pick their noses. During the Baratie arc, Luffy taints Zoro's drink with his snot, which Zoro then forces Luffy to drink. And then we have Mr. 5, who with his "Nose Fancy Cannon" flicks explosive boogers at his opponents...
- Revenge of the Nerds had a character named Booger, who had a fascination with the topic...
- Jurassic Park, the scene where they're in the tree petting the brachiosaurus, and it sneezes on the girl, covering her in snot.
Tim: "God bless you!"
- In Treasure Planet, Dr. Doppler gets a faceful of Space Whale snot.
- At the end of Money Train, the two brothers get even with a Jerkass who spat at Wesley Snipe's character by simultaneously punching him out and then firing off two snot rockets at him while he's down.
- On Osmosis Jones, Ozzy and Drix are patrolling Frank's nose when the dam holding back the mucus breaks, and they are nearly washed away on a tidalwave of snot. Outside, Frank's buddy tells him to do something about the dripping on his nose.
- In Toy Story 3, a toddler puts one of Mr. Potato Head's eyes up his snotty nose.
- In the first Lilo and Stitch when Lilo is interested in adopting Stitch and is holding him, he picks his nose. With his Overly Long Tongue.
- Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls played this hilariously when Ace is making a long snort displaying his affection to the chief. They exit the hut laughing with snot all over their faces.
- Including Ace himself.
- In Scooby-Doo The live action movie. Scooby upon being grabbed by a giant monster Scrappy, stuffs his front paws up his nose and gets stuck in his snot.
- Dave Barry absolutely cannot resist booger jokes. He even lampshaded the trope by calling a volume Boogers Are My Beat.
- Another Dave Barry example: the Round Robin book Naked Came the Manatee was instigated by Barry, who named the eponymous manatee "Booger." The rest of the authors then had to roll with it.
- The Captain Underpants series has Bionic Booger Boy.
- Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans in Harry Potter have 'bogey' among their varieties. That is, of course, British English for 'booger'.
- In Matilda, there is mention of the boy down the road who picked his nose without realising he had Superglue on his finger, with disastrous results.
Live Action TV
- WKRP in Cincinnati - "BOOGER!"
- In the Seinfeld episode "The Pick", Jerry's girlfriend breaks up with him, after seeing him picking his nose (he was actually only scratching it).
- In the new Doctor Who series episode "Curse of the Black Spot" The Eleventh Doctor explains to the party that the aliens found in the abandoned ship died of the common cold. Then he proceeds to accidentally put his hand in something particularly nasty.
The Doctor: Eww!
The Doctor: Sneeze! Eww, Alien bogeys -wipes sneeze on Amy's jacket-
- Dick and Dom in da Bungalow had a filmed segment called Bogies, where the hosts competed to shout, well, "bogies" in a public place. Complete with Snotometer on screen to show the volume reached.
- "Weird Al" Yankovic - "Gotta Boogie". ("Gotta boogie on my finger and I can't shake it off!")
- Biz Markie - "Pickin' Boogers". ("So go up your nose with a finger or two / And pull out one or a crusty crew!")
- In one Calvin and Hobbes strip, Calvin walks outside in the cold, then wrinkles his nose before making an Aside Glance and saying, "Don't you hate it when your boogers freeze?" Lampshaded in an anthology, where Bill Watterson wrote, "I hope some historian will confirm that I was the first cartoonist to use the word 'booger' in a newspaper comic strip."
- There's a Garfield strip where he spends the first panel picking his nose. After a Beat Panel, he looks out to the viewer and says, "I'm on, aren't I?"
- In a For Better or For Worse strip, Michael and John play a game called "Booger Beasts," where you can play on the "slimer" team or the "crust" team.
- Boogerman: A Pick and Flick Adventure
- Zill from several The Legend of Zelda games (originating from Wind Waker) has a trail of snot dangling from his nose that's at least as tall as he is.
- No snot is actually seen but every Wario Ware game has a microgame that involves picking a nose.
- The Trope Namer is an episode of The Penguins of Madagascar, where King Julien gets trapped in Burt the elephant's trunk. When he finally gets out, he says that his life "and many nose nuggets" flashed before his eyes.
- In another episode, a one-shot walrus named Rhonda moves into Marlene the otter's habitat. Rhonda has a sinus problem, which causes Marlene to get covered in snot at least twice.
- When Private is dosed with Truth Serum and starts revealing the secrets of all the other animals, he announces that Julien picks his nose. Cut to Julien, two knuckles deep in his nostril in front of all the other zoosters. He yanks his paws out and yelps "Aah! My secret gold-digging shame exposed!"
- Stimpy had a booger collection in one episode.
- Yes, they were his magic Nose Goblins; Stimpy picked them himself. He even spoke to them in another episode to ask of the whereabouts of his missing flatulence, which the boogers thought was just crazy.
- Several of Chowder's Gross Up Close Ups on the title character feature strings of snot hanging off his nose.
- The Simpsons: "I found a moon rock in my nose!"
- An episode of Jimmy Two-Shoes had Jimmy noting how gross a Bedsheet Ghost looked, then turning around and seeing Beezy picking his nose.
For God's sake, get a Kleenex.