|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Normality is a tabletop roleplaying game by Hugh Dingwall and Vishãla Jekic.
It is unique among roleplaying games in that, instead of trying to describe its setting, it presents itself as an artifact from said setting. (One edition of Tribe8 was written in-character, but it wasn't actually assembled from scraps and oddities as Normality was.) In this, it has more in common with ergodic literature (like House of Leaves) than with traditional roleplaying games like Dungeons and Dragons and The World of Darkness.
This "ergodic" tendency is also borne out in the fact that:
- The character sheets are more or less total gibberish, requiring players to interpret them to understand their characters.
- There is no resolution mechanic, in fact the GM is encouraged to actively lie to the players about their characters' perceptions and capabilities.
IOWA WE CASK NIACIN WE IX APOGEE IOWA
Normal mode of table ROM role-playing game, Hugh Dingwall and Vishal Jekic.
He has a unique role playing games instead of trying to describe the expansion, it presents itself as artifact in determining said. It is, he has more in common Ergodic literature (such as the House leaves) than in the traditional games such as Dungeons and Dragons Roleplaying and the World of Darkness.
Behavior that is "Ergodic" is born in that:
- Make discs are more or less gibberish, ask the players to interpret them to understand their properties.
- No mechanical resolution, self-GM players actively encouraged to lie about their perceptions of character and skills.
USE YOUR LIGHT, BUT AWFUL CHAINS
Cheong Rai Hospital, a private game. The study of dark wood, like the basement of the various International organizations and medium to send important).
To crazy for the three countries solutions include:
- General Motors, General Motors Institute, and his Skills are called
- and raise their level of Playing.
This game embodies the following tropes:
- Alternate Universe: The setting takes place in an alternate universe where America completely SNAPS after 9.11. Things go in the worst way possible from then on.
- Apocalyptic Log: Part of the...erm...narrative describes the downfall of the world's ecosystem and government.
- Bilingual Bonus: Several pages are entirely in upside-down Chinese.
- Crapsack World
- Darker and Edgier
- Japan Takes Over the World: Or at least most of Asia.
- Madness Mantra: "IOWA WE CASK NIACIN, WE IX APOGEE IOWA"; "Use your light, but awful chains".
- Mushroom Samba for the players, in the least pleasant way possible...
- Mind Rape: As a result of the alleged "Psychic/Psychedelic Warfare" , pretty much everyone in America has been subject to this, and judging by the GM guide, the Player Characters are no exception...
- Mind Screw: Where to even begin? It doesn't help that everyone is an Unreliable Narrator.
- Shout-Out: One of the in-universe players recites the Litany Against Fear.
- Surreal Horror: or possibly even Dada Horror.
- Tsundere: Everyone - copious amounts of drugs have left everyone prone to violent mood swings.
- Take That: "Bush Empire" anyone?
- X Meets Y: House of Leaves meets Unknown Armies.
- Xtreme Kool Letterz: "KLEEN!"